Author Topic: The Thermomix scales  (Read 8642 times)

Offline marmee

• View Profile
The Thermomix scales
« on: June 28, 2009, 05:27:24 am »
Are the accurate?

Can you convert a recipe that says to add 250g of something to 250g on the TMX scales?  They just don't seem accurate to me????
Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: The Thermomix scales
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 05:35:58 am »
Is the cord pulled right out Marmee?  Sometimes if it is tucked in a little it will effect the accuracy of your scales.  Are the little feet nice and clean?  They get a bit gunky sometimes and I seem to remember this can also make a difference.  Try and weigh a few things with a given weight to check - a packet of pasta, a bag of flour etc.  I've found mine to be quite accurate so far.  I have learnt to pour slowly though - otherwise by the time the scales have caught up I've put too much in.

Chelsea  :)

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 09:27:07 am »
:D Oh - so true about the pouring.  I have learned that too  :)

Yeah - the feet are clean, I checked that one.  Will go and look at the cord.  I *thought* I pulled it out far enough, but you never know.....

Thanks   :-*

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:55:06 pm »
My demonstrator taught me a way to check the scales.......the MC weighs 25 grams (always) if yours doesn't, you don't have it sitting squarely, its feet are dirty, or the cord is not pulled out properly. Try that!
Amanda

Spain

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 01:09:21 am »
Nice one  :)  Thank you

Offline Maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 03:17:25 am »
I was having the same problem  ??? The scales seemed to be 10 - 20g out when I checked weights with my kitchen scales.

After pulling the cord all the way out I tried them last night and problem was solved. Thanks guys  :-* :-*

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 10:02:57 pm »
The most common problems were covered here already.  However, 2 others to add to the list for future reference are:

Is it on a tiled work surface?  That can throw it off because the feet may not be all at exactly the same level (had to move mine because of this).

Is your work surface level and stable? (again, discovered via rickety kitchen table originally used for TM)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:15 am »
I made an entire chocolate walnut brownie yesterday with the foot sitting on the power cord :( I was so confused as to why I was putting in what seemed like 400g butter when the scales were saying 200g....anyway I wasn't smart enough to click and it wasn't until I began a white sauce for macaroni cheese that I realised what had happened.

Offline containergirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 04:40:11 am »
Love the measuring cup trick.  Thanks Bron
Senior Princess
Pimlico Palace

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 06:14:34 am »
My demonstrator taught me a way to check the scales.......the MC weighs 25 grams (always) if yours doesn't, you don't have it sitting squarely, its feet are dirty, or the cord is not pulled out properly. Try that!

I'll have to remember that, Bron. Sure beats double checking on the kitchen scales. Ta!!!