Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5135359 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #990 on: August 14, 2011, 03:22:14 am »
I like your thinking Amanda.  8) 8)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 14, 2011, 05:25:31 am »
 :D Salmon rissoles, with snow peas, carrots, zucchini  from our garden.

Robyn

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:02 am »
Roast pork, cauliflower au gratin, roast veges followed with butterscotch pudding and maybe a little scoop of the salted caramel maple ice cream.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 15, 2011, 11:15:49 am »
Lasagna

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 15, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »
Nô clue ... Just dropped the kids Off at théorie grandparents (3 hour drive) for the first Time by themselves so might just go out tonight with dh..., feels very strange. ... First Time in 6 yrs there Will ne nô kids for 4 days.
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 15, 2011, 02:35:51 pm »
Just for interest sake, time how long it takes from the moment you sit down...until you mention something about them??? Try to abstain from saying something from as long as possible, but I would be interested  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 15, 2011, 09:07:32 pm »
That's an interesting observation, CP63.  How's the strike going?  Frozzie, try to relax and enjoy the quiet time with your DH.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 15, 2011, 11:39:36 pm »
4 days with no kids, not sure if i could do that. It would be so strange, you wont know what to do with  yourself.

Update on ds and grlfriend, shevwrote on the school blackboard  " I love ------"   Thenher best friend told ds that he was  the best boy in the class, he now likes both grls the same...... They are both nice girs whomhave been best friends since kindy

Enjoy
Hally
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 16, 2011, 12:08:28 am »
Enjoy yourself Frozzie you will soon get used to having no kids and hopefully this will be the first of many trips for them

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 16, 2011, 12:35:22 am »
the strike is still on, though yesterday it eased as we had the neighbours over for tea last night. Being a week night one of their kids had homework to do and so once they left, there was a magical disappearing act and there was no one in sight and it was back to dh and me washing and cleaning up.  Going out tonight to see 'Wicked' so not cooking tonight
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:53 am »
Bet your kids loved having the neighbours over for tea CP - firstly, temporary let off of the strike and secondly, real food  :D

Frozzie, enjoy the break.  It will be hard the first time you are leaving them but I think it is good for the kids too to have a break from home - did they settle OK for the grandparents? If kids aren't used to being left with others, they sometimes last until bed time then they want their Mum  ;)

Looks like your DS is going to have many girlfriends in years to come Hally - better teach him it is wiser to only have one steady girlfriend at a time though  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 16, 2011, 01:17:50 am »
Stay strong CP,we went to Wicked a couple of weeks ago. You are in for a good night.
Frozzie,I remember the feeling,no kids,very strange. Time for a bit of romance!
Denise

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 16, 2011, 07:00:21 am »
Just for interest sake, time how long it takes from the moment you sit down...until you mention something about them??? Try to abstain from saying something from as long as possible, but I would be interested  :D

CP didnt take long at all...as soon as we drove out the driveway and all the way back and even at the restaurant and I had a horrible nights sleep too..can you tell Im not usted to being without them! Yes Hally its very hard especially when your used to having them with you all the time!  ....but my oh my its sooooooooooooo quiet which I have to say Im enjoying and the not having to pick up after them all day!  Plus Im going out to luch with a girlfriend we wil get a massage or something too, have friends coming from paris, having a girls night out and another night with DH!

JD apparently everything was fine and when I called they were in the spa with their grandfather..they had been busy...Im finding it very hard but if they have a good time and it goes well then we will see but I have trouble trusting others with my kids but DH insisted they have a few days away to give me a break.  I thnk my mother in law wouldnt say even if the kids were a bit sad as she prefers to say everything is great but I will find out when I talk to them or when they get back on the weekend!!

Thanks girls for the support and Bedlam romance hrrmm..DH is flat out at work and still gets home late since the catching up with girlfriends but we did speak about if it goes well doing it again and actually going away just the two of us which would be so nice!

Stay strong CP and enjoy your night out!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:55 am »
CP don't think you would be very popular at our house currently!!!!!!  After reading your posts (and others) regarding your strike I have decided that I am going to be more strict regarding jobs around the house. They have had jobs to do but have been more firm about making them do them plus have added a few extra jobs for good measure!!! Have to say so much simpler doing some of it myself!!!!! Still hopefully will avoid strikes later! Good luck with it - I will follow with interest :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:42 pm »
Lemon/soy chicken with lemon/garlic roasted vegetables.

.........EAT CAKE!