Author Topic: Easy Peasy Chocolate Slice  (Read 8509 times)

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
Easy Peasy Chocolate Slice
« on: November 24, 2010, 10:28:12 am »
Hi
I made this today and it really is very easy, even easier with a TMX!  And ingredients that are usually in the pantry.

I got this recipe from http://www.melissagoodsell.typepad.com/ but I'm not sure if she got it from somewhere else.

125g butter in to  *: melt 2min 100deg sp 2
Add
160g SR flour
85g coconut
100g sugar (I used organic raw and was fine)
10g cocoa

Mix 1min  :-: sp2 scraping sides as necessary

Press firmly in to a slice tin.

Cook in moderate oven 10-15min - don't overcook as will become very hard and too crunchy.

Ice if desired and eat!

Note:  I cooked mine for 12 min 160oC and is a little undercooked but still very yummy

ETA further instructions!

members' comments

cottchick - it was so easy and quick (and I can already feel the extra kilos!!). Thanks for the recipe.

jezzamiff - Super easy recipe, took no time at all to make but mine is also a bit undercooked - a bit soft and crumbly.  I cooked it at 180 for 12 mins, so I think you don't need to be TOO concerned about overcooking it.

Debbiebillg - I doubled the mixture for the size of tin I was using and it was really yummy. Almost gone already.  A big hit with the kids.

Denzelmum -  made this, only had 60gr coconut left.  It's between cookies and brownies.  Made a very thin, only about 1 cm high and I don't bother making icing.  Treat for DD's lunch box.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:10:34 pm by judydawn »

Offline katesjoy

• View Profile
Re: Easy Peasy Chocolate Slice
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 11:23:56 am »
Looks like a yummy slice, Narelle.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 11:56:00 am »
How easy is that! My sort of recipe.

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 01:32:28 pm »
Just made this and it was so easy and quick (and I can already feel the extra kilos!!).
Thanks for the recipe.

Offline jezzamiff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:53:39 am »
Super easy recipe, took no time at all to make.

But mine is also a bit undercooked - a bit soft and crumbly.  I cooked it at 180 for 12 mins, so I think you don't need to be TOO concerned about overcooking it.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:29:50 am »
I made this yesterday and doubled the mixture for the size of tin I was using, and it was really yummy. Almost gone already.  A big hit with the kids.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:26 am »
I made this last night, only had 60gr coconut left.  It's between cookies and brownies.  Made a very thin, only about 1 cm high and I don't bother making icing.  Treat for DD's lunch box.

Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.