Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1031208 times)

*suzanne*

Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #2490 on: February 27, 2013, 05:41:37 am »
Our passports arrived so now we just have to wait til August for our holiday

Also happy that  Lily doesn't take to heart what nasty little girls say, she told me on Monday she didn't play with anyone at school  I asked her why and she said "because they all called me a baby" so I asked her how it made her feel and she said "sad at first but then I had fun anyone playing on my own" so proud but geez since when did 4yr old girls become nasty they are all about 9-10mths older than her and she is tiny but I would be very disappointed in any of my kids i did that.
The funny thing was when her big brothers heard they were planning on going over to kindy at recess and lunch to make sure she is alright and see if they have to 'sort' anybody out DS11's words

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:05 am »
Lily will love those big Brothers looking after her.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:37 am »
Suzanne, as someone who had dealt with that age range for years, trust me, 4 year old girls as a rule are the worst to have to contend with.  They seem to go through a phase - the most endearing three year old  seems to become nasty, bossy, and even cruel, - but the good news is they do come out of it!  A former colleague, who was one of the best preschool teachers I have ever met,  quietly referred to that age as the "fiendish fours" . . . but she didn't use the word "fiendish" . . . . . .

As far as Lily is concerned, I'd be taking the matter up with her teacher pointing out exactly how Lily felt -  that kind of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated and those older children should be held accountable.  In preschools, if that kind of insult rears its head, we simply point out that the child in question is walking (can a baby do that?), talking (can a baby to that?)  . . . and you can make the list of comparisons as long as your arm - and then point out, "Well then, he/she can't be a baby - so it really is wrong to call him/her that!"  Good luck with it, school at any age is not an easy world . . .

*suzanne*

Re: Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #2493 on: February 27, 2013, 06:13:10 am »
Thanks gf I'm going to see how it goes today and then speak to her teacher we never had a problem with our other 3 at this age,  although I know who the ring leader is and she wants Lily's friend who we knew before starting kindy to be her friend only and nobody else's and then gets the others to follow her lead:(

thanks Robyn she is lucky to have her big brothers there

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: February 27, 2013, 07:04:28 am »
suzanne I hope Lily is ok, so good to hear her big brothers will stand up for her :)

Amy I think my biceps are up-side-down! But they do work when I need them to  ;D

And that easterly is still blowing.  :( I think I have lost some of my paddocks top soil today. Wonder if I should head up the road to the people up there and see if I can get some of it back, I bet it is inside coating everything in their house.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: February 27, 2013, 07:22:27 am »
Suzanne how awful. It sounds like Lily is a very smart young girl who won't get involved in the silly games. You must be proud of her and her big brothers .

I think speaking to the teacher is definitely the right thing to do.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: February 27, 2013, 07:23:09 am »
What a dear little girl your Lily sounds Suzanne - I do hope you can do something to improve matters as she doesn't deserve to be put through all this rubbish.  Nice to see her brothers are prepared to stick up for her but probably not a wise thing to do at this stage.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

*suzanne*

« Reply #2497 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36:58 am »
Thanks ladies you are all so lovely and caring xxx

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: February 27, 2013, 08:35:11 am »
I'd just like to add my admiration for little Lily ;D Its not fair that she has to endure that sort of bullying already at such a young age, but it sounds like she deals with it very well. I hope you can get something sorted out Suzanne :-*

Amy I think my biceps are up-side-down! But they do work when I need them to  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: February 27, 2013, 11:18:04 am »
Oh poor Lily. Fortunately she seemed to cope today which is wonderful. GF I agree they can be little 'pests' at that age.
My thoughts are for you Suzanne as it is very hard for Mum too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

« Reply #2500 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:49 am »
Thanks again ladies I think it hurts me more than her she doesn't seem to be fazed by it at the moment

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 27, 2013, 12:46:09 pm »
I am happy because I found out today that Tenina is doing an advanced Thermomix course in Narrogin.  ;D ;D The only problem is the organisers have forgotten to put the date on the flyer.   ??? I will have to call them tomorrow and find out when it is.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 27, 2013, 11:01:10 pm »
Oh Den you lucky thing ;D ;D I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! I have never been to a thermomix cooking class :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 28, 2013, 12:29:23 am »
Tenina is great fun.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: February 28, 2013, 02:55:08 am »
Did I read somewhere that Tenina has a new book coming out soon?  Still lots to make from her previous books, but I guess I'll get round to them eventually.  :P