Author Topic: What are you getting rid of in your pantry?  (Read 23842 times)

Offline GoneCrazY

• View Profile
Re: What are you getting rid of in your pantry?
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2011, 03:14:45 am »
i am in far north qld does anyone know if they are a problem here ?
I HAVE SOMETHING BAKING ...........................BUT IT WONT BE READY TILL FEB 2012 ;)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 03:47:03 am »
they are little brown moths about 1cm in length. I have just been reading about them here and it seems that there is really nothing much that can be done to prevent them as they come in the packets of things we buy eg. rice, flour, nuts etc which I buy heaps of.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline GoneCrazY

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 04:10:54 am »
ick..... i will be on constant lookout !!!!!
I HAVE SOMETHING BAKING ...........................BUT IT WONT BE READY TILL FEB 2012 ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 04:39:06 am »
You will certainly know if you have them. One infestation in a sealed container seems able to spread amazingly.

VHJ I agree with you about the cockraoches. I hate them. When we lived in Broome the first thing we did every weekend back was fumigate the entire house and leave. I used to keep absolutely everything in the fridge. eg coffee, tea. Our cutlery was in a sealed container and I re washed every plate before I used it again.. For about 2 years after we left I kept thinking I could see enormous cockroaches running on the floor.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 05:16:18 am »
You will certainly know if you have them. One infestation in a sealed container seems able to spread amazingly.

VHJ I agree with you about the cockraoches. I hate them. When we lived in Broome the first thing we did every weekend back was fumigate the entire house and leave. I used to keep absolutely everything in the fridge. eg coffee, tea. Our cutlery was in a sealed container and I re washed every plate before I used it again.. For about 2 years after we left I kept thinking I could see enormous cockroaches running on the floor.
OMG Cookie1. Your post brought back my first impression of our house in Tom Price. We opened the front door & I swear the floor just moved. There were so many of those huge brown ones :o.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.