Author Topic: Not the best customer service.  (Read 9529 times)

Offline Chefmixer

• View Profile
Not the best customer service.
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:44:40 am »
I am a little disappointed with my experience so far, and the customer service I have received.

I signed up as a consultant to earn my thermomix on the 1st of this month,the training is booked for this month and I was all excited for my thermomix to arrive. ( I was told 10 working days by the GL ) I was emailed on the 2nd with my consultant details and charged for my consultant pack but the deposit for the thermomix was not charged to my card. I thought it would happen the day after or the next, still today the money is sitting there.

Today I emailed my GL but had no response so called my consultant (who was lovely but couldn't find any record of my order as the GL processed it) She told me she would contact the GL and either one of them would call me back today to let me know what was happening. No call or email. :( Now I am getting frustrated, if my order by some miracle is processed tomorrow the thermomix still won't be here in time for my training. And I really wanted to have a play and get used to the machine before doing the training.

I feel like telling them to stop the order and refund my money for the consultant pack. I thought the whole idea of thermomix consultants was getting decent customer service and I can tell you right now I would much rather have bought from a shop. You think long and hard about getting the demo (due to the cost of the thermomix) then after seeing it and hearing the spiel about how you can earn your own thermomix you want it straight away.  :D (I also have at least 8 people willing to purchase the thermomix as soon as my training is completed, working in the food industry it is not hard to find people who want this machine)  It has just been a huge let down for me so far, If I do decide to go ahead and become a consultant I will be keeping my promises.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not the best customer service.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:49:23 am »
Hi Chefmixer, I sympathise with you - it is poor service indeed.  Have you rung H.O. at all - their tollfree number is 1800 004 838. Jump up and down >:(
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:00:11 am »
Dear Chefmixer,  So sorry that you have been frustrated.  If you have the contact details for your GL, I would call her in the morning or send her an e-mail telling her you're feeling impatient and not supported at this stage.  I am a consultant who purchased my Thermomix the same way as you are doing and I too had to wait ages for the Thermomix. Mine came just a couple of days before training and to tell you the truth I think this is typical.  As a consultant I can also let you know that Thermomix sales team is swamped with orders at the moment so has been slow recently.

But you are in a really fortunate position.  You are getting your training in time to start your selling at the peak selling time of the year.  November and December are huge months for Thermomix consultants.  You will have your eight sales and then more and then on top of that earn a commission cheque either for Christmas or just after and both of those would be a boost in my book.

Sounds to me as if your GL is getting someone pretty special to join the team too.  Customer Service really is what will make you as a consultant.  I have learned that I must not make too many promises because as you have experienced when people don't get what they hope or expect they pretty soon get disappointed, fed up or put off.  Underpromise and overdeliver is what I try to do in my Thermomix work.

It is a fantastic thing to run your own business, however small. You will enjoy challenges on many levels.  Go well and come back to the forum to share your triumphs and your troubles, if need be.  There is a huge amount of support here from really caring people.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:05:21 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:10:28 am »
I can just imagine how you must feel. I would get onto HO immediately and tell them what you have told us. Be firm and polite stressing how you want to become a good consultant. I'd also speak to your GL along similar lines but perhaps a little more friendly as you will be working with them.
I agree the service is disgusting. I am not making excuses for TMX but at our get together last week it was mentioned several times at how incredibly busy they were with lots of orders. However saying that they must communicate with clients.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Chefmixer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 03:28:10 am »
Thank you for all your replies, I called HO today as I still had not heard back from my consultant or GL and they told me it should be processed today or tomorrow. Still it doesn't help much as it will not get to QLD before my training.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:04:34 pm »
You never know your luck in the big city, Chefmixer.  Perhaps your GL has one spare and will be able to deliver it to you before the one "with your name on it" from head office gets there.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 09:29:15 pm »
the issues i've had with my tm have been cleared up very quickly by HO even though i have to get in touch with my consultant first. omg, they are long winded - if you get intouch with HO directly, they contact the consultant to tell them to contact you, then the consultant contacts HO who then contact you!!! this is customer service, and i think it's pretty good.

on the other hand, my friend's sister, who used to be a consultant in victoria, wasn't happy with the way the company treats consultants. that's probably the difference - if you are a customer, you get really good customer care, but if you're a consultant, they work you really hard. that's the point of difference.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 10:09:52 pm »
Some time ago there was a thread from members discussing whether they should become a consultant or not.  You might find it interesting to read it here.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.