Author Topic: Hi from North West Tasmania  (Read 7045 times)

Offline Melissa280979

• View Profile
Hi from North West Tasmania
« on: September 26, 2013, 01:29:34 am »
HI there :-)
My name is Melissa, and I gave birth to our families newest addition, yesterday afternoon. I am so rpud to be a Thermo owner!

We live on a 700 acre dairy/cropping farm, nestled in national parks on the north west coast of Tas, with my husband, and 3 gorgeous girls.

We are very busy around here, running 3 dairyfarms, my role is office duties,which consume most days,house duties, and day to day dealings with our girls.

My hobby is horses ( which can take up just as much time as children, and I do long distance riding called endurance- average rides have a length of 80km. I adore my horses, and am always striving to better my knowledge and relationship with mine.

I am not the worlds best cook, but I am hoping to become one, thanks to our TM.

i like simple, straightforward, family meals and I do love to try new things, as long as I don't have consecutive fails!

My entry into the land of TM cooking yesterday consisted of - raspberry sorbet for afternoon tea - the girls appreciated that one.
Butter - so easy!
Peanut butter - would like to learn to make the Kraft tasting type for the younger girls - but this one tasted similar to the type my eldest likes ( almond butter)
Chicken Veloute - easy! I even managed to cook the vegetables to perfection - Potato soup for the reduction
Chocolate custard made super thick ( maybe too thick) it was a bit gritty, but I think we learnt the jug wasn't completely dry..

All this and I felt SO accomplished! The family were impressed!
So I am on a mission to learn so many new ideas for our family, and look into meal planning. With time being so limited. As much as I would LOVE to keep trawling through the recipes, I would appreciate it, if long term members could point me in the general direction to a few suggestions, based on my wishlist above :-)

Feel free anyone, to contact me via pm. I would love to hear from ladies i the same boat as me!!
Have a great day
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:24:30 am by judydawn »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Hi from North West Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 02:59:01 am »
Firstly, welcome to the forum - from another Tassie mum of girls!!  :D
Ouch...giving birth to a Thermomix must've hurt!!  ;)  ;)
You sound very busy, your TM will be such an asset to your home. How old are your girls?
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 04:28:15 am »
Hi and welcome.
Go to CP's List it is a must for favorites.. ;D

someone will link it, I am sure.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:33:55 am »
Hi Melissa and welcome to the forum.  The list Obbie alluded to is here and is well worth a look.  You made quite a few things yesterday, isn't it great to have that first play with the Thermomix.  Good luck with everything and hopefully you will find time to make some of our recipes and let us know how you go with them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 05:56:04 am »
Hi Melissa and a very warm welcome!!  Your life sounds wonderfully busy - and I'll bet for most of the time there just aren't enough hours in the day!  You'll find the more you use the TM the more comfortable you'll feel with it!

CP's List of Favourites (linked in Judy's post above) is a cookbook in itself!!!  Tried, tested and true!!

Another thread to look at would be this one . .  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=13567.0  . . a list of wonderful recipes from Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

The first recipe is the Beef Stroganoff but scroll down one or two posts and linked there are many of Chelsea's great (and very popular) contributions. 

Also check out the Bread section of the forum    http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?board=30.0

Just remember, no question too big or too small on here . . . if you have any problems or need clarification of any kind, just pop the query on here and you'll have helpful, friendly answers in no time at all!!

Good luck!!  Looking forward to hearing more from you soon on how you're getting on!! :D

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 06:18:11 am »
Welcome Melissa.  I'm from Tassie too.  Love the north-west coast but now down south.  All the best with your new addition!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 08:16:37 am »
Hi Melissa, welcome to the forum. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 09:01:54 am »
A warm welcome to the forum Melissa from a UK member.Great advice from forum members directing you to some delicious recipes.Have fun cooking with your new TM :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 09:09:22 am »
Welcome to the forum Melissa, You sound like you have been having such fun with your TM and great success as well.  You will learn lots from the great members on here.  Well done!!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 11:51:54 am »
Hi Melissa and welcome. Sounds like you are already having fun. Happy cooking.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 12:06:59 pm »
Welcome Melissa. It sounds as though you are up and running with your thermomix.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum Melissa.  :D

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 07:40:41 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Melissa280979

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 06:44:25 am »
Wow, thanks everyone for the warm welcoming :-) I am actually blown away how fool proof this machine is!
I must suggest to anyone who is yet to try - Quirky Jo's fried rice - o-0 Oh MY... THE best lunch meal I have ever created! Family appear to give us the big thumbs up!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 07:03:37 am »
Melissa welcome to the forum. You certainly have an interesting and busy life. We love hearing of newbies adventures with the Thermomix and with their lives. Maybe you can take a weekend  off next year join with us at a forum Fest in Hobart next October. We would love to meet you. Bring the horse. I am sure we can find a berth for it!!

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=14069.0

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.