Author Topic: My Christmas Tree  (Read 154965 times)

mcmich

Re: My Christmas Tree
« Reply #345 on: December 11, 2012, 07:00:17 am »
Very precious dee.  :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 11, 2012, 08:35:21 am »
Buy french wines they still use corks unless they are for import only.. Or go on holiday to fance and drink alot.. You wont find any screw tops there exçpt on cooking wine actually no not even them as they are plastic bottles nd lids with pull ring type opening.. :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2012, 12:49:39 pm »
Give them time Frozzie, those stuck up froggies are slow to change. LOL  :D

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #348 on: December 11, 2012, 03:11:44 pm »
The local winery sells used corks - I think they are in 5-pound bags (big bags cause they don't weigh much) from all the bottles of wine used in their tasting rooms. They also sell crafty things made from corks.   
They have some tables made from wine barrels with corks arranged in patterns on the top of the barrel and thick glass tops that are supported by the barrel tops and brackets.  I'm pretty sue the barrels are weighted because I was told they are very heavy, difficult to tip over. 

If there is a winery tasting room in your area, call and ask them. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2012, 05:51:41 pm »
Give them time Frozzie, those stuck up froggies are slow to change. LOL  :D

;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2012, 08:05:08 pm »
Lol den .. Nothing stuck up about the french but they are traditionalists to the core and i for one prefer a cork in a bottle.. Screw tops always remind me of alcoholics hiding a cheap bottle ina brown paper bag..i just dont like them..like i prefer a boutique winery to anything mass produced..you cant compare the two markets anyway as the french buy and store wine and age it and enjoy when its in its prime as here people buy to drink.. I even asked a large bottle shop why there so called expensive wines which were heavily overpriced are only a few years old (cheaper wines when young in france) and he bluntly told me because generally nobody keeps wines here as its a  buy to drink market..such a pity...why do people who dont know the french and often have never been there or maybe visited on a 2 week bus tour (not saying thats u den) always call the french arrogant or stuck up lol..seriously!! Sorry for the hijack but dont like assumptions.. Can u tell 😄😄
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:19 pm »
totally Frozzie. :).
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 11, 2012, 10:05:52 pm »
..........well said Frozzie
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2012, 02:54:35 am »
I am sorry if I have upset you Frozzie.  I was being glib about the stereo type of the arrogant French. I believe the reason most people think of the French as arrogant is because they view  from their own cultural perspective. Also the differences in the languages sometimes makes anglophones view francophones as arrogant.

I do not drink much but when I do I only drink boutique wines usually from the cellar door. I do buy wines to lay down and keep and I buy some to drink straight away.  I ask the vinyard for suggestions as to which wines are best for laying down and which I should drink straight away. Almost all of these wineries use screw caps. The reason as it was explained to me is that cork demand has outstripped production so most corks are now composites not whole cork. The composite corks are  not reliable for longer cellaring.

I prefer a cork to a screw cap it has a certain heritage to it.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 12, 2012, 03:42:45 am »
I get that Den was tongue in cheek.....and just to clarify, I drink wine from bottles with corks, screw tops, and silver lined bladders housed in pretty cardboard  :P LOL

just a sneak peak, still waiting on the skirt  :-))

It's very colourful at night  ;) and where else would you stick some glittered Santa's & cupcakes?

....naturally  ;D

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 12, 2012, 03:52:14 am »
Very pretty Maddy.  I like the Santas and cupcakes on the chandelier.  :D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: My Christmas Tree
« Reply #356 on: December 12, 2012, 03:59:13 am »
beautiful maddy

Offline alfacchino

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 12, 2012, 04:02:15 am »
This is our tree, we still have a mish mash of hand me down tree and cheap decos (except for the ones my aunt sent me from the USA). One day we will have all new stuff :) you will notice that it's behind bars...to protect it from baby bear!! The only thing I'm attached to is the star at the top, it's actually a fairy wand that my grandmother bought me when I was much younger.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 12, 2012, 04:05:47 am »
I see your tree is in prison Alf  :P
I love that you kept and used the star wand...that's beautiful  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 12, 2012, 04:48:08 am »
lovely santas and tree Maddy.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url