Author Topic: New life for the breadmaker...  (Read 11482 times)

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: New life for the breadmaker...
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 07:18:41 am »
djinni373,  I think this opens up a whole new way of using the TMX.  I think the texture is better than that when the whole process is done in the bread machine.   I think fruit loaf is next.   What do you think?

Judy,  thank you for this info.  I am thinking of putting together a list of ways of preparing bread ,  with some part of the process in the TMX.   It seems that time is very important,  as hally says she wants hot bread for Dinner,  and others want fresh bread in the morning for lunches.  Djinni373 idea gives us another option.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 07:22:08 am »
Great idea, will have to dig the bread maker back out of the garage and give this a try.
Thanks

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 07:34:49 am »
I agree Chookie. The texture is much better if the thermie does the kneading although I don't really know why...
And fruit loaf should work a treat too. Great idea!

Also there's probably quite a few cakes that will work this way too. And here I am trying to lose weight  :D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 08:56:45 am »

djinni, whenever light bulb moments happen it is imperative that you share them with the forum because, believe it or not, some of the most simple alternatives/ideas elude us.  Thank you for sharing.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 12:35:05 pm »
The texture is much better if the thermie does the kneading although I don't really know why...

the tm does a better job because the gluten in the dough gets a good working out, whereas a bread maker just stirs the dough around and isn't a true knead.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 07:32:42 am »
Sorry to resurrect an aging post, but I had to add an update...

Aldi currently has a book called Bread (Simple & Satisfying Recipes for the Bread Machine) which includes some really interesting looking bread and cake recipes for the breadmaker  :) :) I had to buy it of course.  ;D (Thanks for telling me about this Bev)  

All I need to do now is to stop being distracted by all the new yumm recipes to try on the forum (the most recent being those fabulous chicken, tomato and fetta patties Judy ;D and Chookies fruit bread) and try my hand at some recipe conversions. :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:34:51 am by djinni373 »

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 07:41:00 am »
Djinni, what fun.   I have several bread machine books so you will have fun with your new one.  what I want to do is experiment with interesting recipes.   I like the sound of the banana bread.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 07:50:54 am »
I'm looking at trying Dark & squidgy ginger cake, Very virtuous fruit cake and Blueberry & pecan loaf for starters...Can't find a lipsmacky face...

There's even a Dark chocolate & walnut bread MMMmmm.

Still sifting though my prethermie recipe pile to find my old banana bread recipe. ;D

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 10:18:34 am »
djinni,  those recipes sound delicious.  Will you convert them to TMX? A couple of my books are American , and initially I had problems with the measurements.  Let us know how you go.   I have just posted a reply to cookie which you might be interested in,  about what I have learned about using the bread machine.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:33:21 am »
Thank you Chookie. Read that post with much interest. You really are amazing.  :-* :-* :-*

Yes I am going to attempt to convert the cakes and loaves I mentioned. (And hopefully others from this book which look really interesting. Just found the Accompaniments section which includes a Toasted seed paste and Lime & coconut curd.) Maybe expect some Duh conversion questions in the near future ;D ;D ;D

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:13 am »
Thank you Chookie. Read that post with much interest. You really are amazing.  :-* :-* :-*

Yes I am going to attempt to convert the cakes and loaves I mentioned. (And hopefully others from this book which look really interesting. Just found the Accompaniments section which includes a Toasted seed paste and Lime & coconut curd.) Maybe expect some Duh conversion questions in the near future ;D ;D ;D

Djinni,  what brand machine do you have?  The seed past and curd look interesting but I am not sure about putting liquids in the bucket.  i know some people make jam in their machine but i don't think it is the same brand as mine.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 11:06:19 am »
Sorry was a bit vague there :-)).  The recipes in the accompaniments section are not breadmaker recipes. The seed paste and the curd will be thermie only recipes.

Fascinating book... also has recipes that use bread made from other recipes in the book, like Chocolate bread and butter pudding made with the dark chocolate and walnut bread.  8) I can feel my waist expanding as I read.

My breadmaker is a Tefal home bread with a very good non-stick pan. (I have made jam in the breadmaker pre-thermie as it does have a jam function)

mcmich

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 05:06:06 am »
Thankyou all for the advice and suggestions here. As I'm still waiting for delivery of my thermomix, I still use the breadmaker and thought I would continue to do so through the summer months. Now I will have the best of both worlds a perfectly mixed bread dough and not heat up the kitchen.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 06:06:11 am »
I sold my bread machine as it took up so much space. I didn't even think to use it just for baking! I'll have to look out for a second hand one now...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 04:56:58 am »
It's another hot day in Adelaide today, but still baked bread thanks to this great idea, Chookie's no-fuss bread recipe and the new breadmaker my OH gave me for Christmas.  Perfect bread and so easy!  Thank you  :)

I think I'll try Chookies fruit loaf tomorrow :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child