Author Topic: CADA  (Read 37748 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: CADA
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 12:26:53 pm »
Thanks Nikkit. I have a fresh coconut, but DH hasn't been able to break it open!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 01:41:39 pm »
ZDumb question coming up!  Do you eat this with milk or yoghurt or just as it is?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »
Here's a previous discussion on CADA - some eat it with yoghurt, some like it on it's own apparently.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 12:10:02 am »
MJ, oh dear - more muscles required. If you don't want the milk inside then just hit it with a hammer. It'll break!

GHM as is, yoghurt or milk, or any other way you can think of.

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 08:35:26 am »
I just noticed this - my teenage daughter is going crazy for the stuff now. Its the first time I have been able to get her to use the thermomix! This is the recipe we use, already thermomix-friendly, from a site called:

vegiemix.blogspot.com.au

1 big apple
3 dates
2 Tbs coconut
12 almonds

Pulse 3 times.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »
cottchick, so good to hear your daughter loves this.
What are her fave dried fruits? Mix it up a bit, try dried apricots or cranberries or craisins or fresh grapes (when they are in season) fresh ginger, sultanas, the list is endless. Try a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon. Different nuts are good too. 
When I make it I stand in the pantry and just chuck in whatever tickles my fancy for the moment! It is a great one for experimenting with till you find your favourite combination.

Offline alioc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 03:21:54 am »
I've had my TM since May but hadn't quite got around to making CADA. What took me so long?!

It's so delicious and quick to make. I also add a couple of spoonfuls of rolled oats to give me a bit more oomph to make it till lunch time. I also love it with a dollop of yogurt or Quirky Jo's cashew cream. It tastes so decadent...

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 03:30:21 am »
Your reaction isn’t too unusual, Alioc, I had had my TMX for about 1 ½ years before I made CADA and couldn’t believe how good it is.  I love it with added blueberries, strawberries and yoghurt.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 05:27:35 am »
I'm just not into CADA. I don't like sweet things for breakfast, so that's probably why.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 06:09:04 am »
I omit the dates for that reason, MJ.
I usually make CHACCCOMB
(Coconut, hazlenut, almond, cashew, chia, cinnamon, oats, macadamia, brazil)....as Nikkit says, just anything out of the pantry.
I make a batch and keep it in a zip lock bag. It's good to take some to work with my TM yoghurt, keeps me going until lunch.
I don't add apple as I find it goes a bit watery, and obviously it wouldn't keep as long.

On reading that, I suppose I actually don't make CADA, just a bag of chopped nuts, occasionally with oats!  :D

Sue
Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 07:34:13 am »
 :D :D.  I think you are right Sue.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »
Spicy chopped nuts with a bit of coconut sounds lovely! Will have to try that... ;D
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 08:33:47 am »
I like apples, the ultimate 'fast food' but occasionally I dress one up a bit like cada but not, just an apple, some spices like cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and sometimes a ryvita in there. I know it sounds really boring but its quite a nice snack if you're just looking to eat an apple differently! I do love the original cada best of all, though.

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 03:40:15 am »
Ooh, this sounds yummy :D