Author Topic: Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)  (Read 83541 times)

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
Re: Re: Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2012, 06:27:00 am »
To thermomix owners, the HMP sounds like a great addition to the kitchen as opposed to a spare jug... Sounds like a fantastic machine. Might have to start putting $10 away a week.... Will take awhile, but oh how sweet that day would be!!!
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re: Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2012, 09:07:32 am »
Just came across the Welfarewisdom "review", part 1 seemed fine but part 2 left me quickly questioning it once she started talking in the review and comments below about the blade removal and then it went downhill from there really. Particularly the bit regarding the displays / visible information. I'd much rather have the TMX's all visible than a single blueish LCD.

Certainly the saucepan like ability is nice, the being able to cook in 1 degree increments _could_ be nice but I've never though oh it would be great if I could get 38 degrees rather than 37. (And I'd fret all the time about which exact temp I should be using for a dish) I was amused at the knocking the TMX for making caramel / nougat because you need to transfer the contents to another pan and yet going peh regarding the lack of Varoma and saying you could just use a pan to do that.

(That all said, I have no idea how I ended up on that review now ... Oh yes seeing HotmixPro in the about section of Tenina's website and wondering what the heck it was)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2012, 10:15:30 am »
Reading this thread (as apparently I haven't anything else to do  ;D ), my to questions are:

What is HO doing to annoy everyone?
How were they treating Tenina?

(You can tell its been nearly a year since I've been active here)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2012, 10:38:50 am »
Hi Rob,
well Ho don't like Tenina since she quit Ho. :'(

second she is promoting HMP, which She has the right to promote/ advertise what she believes in..         

I also  have one on order, will get next week.

I am buying one, as I think I  will benefit from this machine, in conjuction with my thermomix.. Busy, working Mum, 5 days a week, cooking for Family and elderly parents..

I make lunches, dinners, bake ect all the time. We never have takeaway, or go out to a restaraunt, except for 1 week holiday a year.
It will help me..

I think HO Thermomix aust, are worried by HMP. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2013, 03:34:43 am »
Any further review on the hit mix pro? I'm thinking my new kitchen could use a new appliance ;)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2013, 03:55:45 am »
Obbie has one as does tenina and I think someone else bought one so you will prob here from them althogh obbie is offline this weekend so ,aybe not until monday and tenina is away on a retreat..

There is a giveaway on facebook on teninas page cooking with tenina ifby some chance. You didnt have it fyi :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

mcmich

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2013, 06:21:38 am »
Any further review on the hit mix pro? I'm thinking my new kitchen could use a new appliance ;)

There is a Hotmix Pro Forum dedicated to the appliance which is probably the way to go if you want to find enthusiasts of the machine.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2013, 01:24:08 pm »
Some great laughs on this thread - miss you ladies!!

From what I've been reading pluses and minuses to both machines - if I could have two I'd def go with one of each! But as a busy home cook who loves the varoma and scales (to shorten my cooking time by a lot) and doesn't do much baking/sweet cooking then I'd go the tmx. Though the higher temps for cooking onions etc and turning off the blades are two big bonuses for the hmp.

Would love to hear more from those that have both as to what they think.
I read that original blog comparison but omg how biased was that.

Have a couple of friends looking to buy so would be good to point them to some unbiased info on both machines.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2013, 12:47:03 am »
just popped into work for my internet Fix, I have both.
If you want info PM me. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2013, 06:51:27 am »
I also found the FoodMuster's review of HMP to be biased so I posted a comment on her site to request that she disclosed to the readers whether she was receiving any benefits, financial or otherwise, from HMP for publishing her review and thoughts on the subject. Interestingly, I note my comment was removed (or not published) and so no response provided.

I think if you are endorsing or promoting a product, you should be at least be open and honest about the fact you are being paid to do so.
From Perth WA

Offline Steptoe1010

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2014, 12:34:59 am »
MEP, I can assure you that there was no payment made to the Foodmuster blog, apart from some advertising space at the top of the page which was negligible