Author Topic: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?  (Read 54333 times)

Offline Kissmypixel

• View Profile
Re: Unbelieveable thermomix deal for $699. Is this legit?
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 02:01:08 pm »
The company has a phone number. I'm going to call them on Tuesday and get the low down. Will let you all know after the call 😊 I'm game enough to find out the nitty gritty.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 09:32:17 pm »
I know for a fact that some distributors  in other countries do sell directly. Whether Verwork is complicit In this I do not know.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Buttercups

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:38 am »
I rang costdeal to ask about warranty and they advised that it has 2 years warranty, if there's a problem it needs to be sent back to costdeal and they'll get the supplier to fix it.  I did ask who the supplier was and they said Vorwerk (who knows how true that is).

It did take an hour of me ringing before they answered the phone though.  I've decided I'm just going to be happy with my Thermomix and contact the thermomix website and ask for a new demonstrator  :)

If the deal is legit that's great for a lot of people, personally I might have spent twice as much however I can just be grateful that I still have a wonderful thermomix  ;D

Offline BekLE

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 02:20:29 am »
What's with this transparent veroma?

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 04:01:51 am »
My sister also picked up on the fact in the list it said they TM is 1000 watts maximum, where they are 1500 watts.
But further down the page it says 1500 watts.
Don't know if that's a typo or not?
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 07:16:37 am »

That is the term that is used on ebay as they just keep copying the listings ... years later lol. About 5 years ago the varoma was made of stainless steel, but they revamped it and made the new ones that we now have. The old ones used to drip water when steaming and get really hot.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline kitteen

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 12:37:08 pm »

The transparent aroma refers to the transparent lid. The body of the varoma  is grey plastic. If I didn't already have a TMX and a second bowl set I'd be sorely tempted.
Soft on the outside, crunchy on the inside

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »
I have not been online for a few days (School hols) and missed this when it was $699.     :-\
The wording is very strange and poor grammatically, and that is usually enough to make me very wary.
It says they now have had 73 sales and it is the Australian machine with Australian power plug etc.
 I have asked why they have a 20 day delay in processing the orders??
It looks like the real thing,  But maybe just using TMX pictures, but if it is an Australian company that would be pretty risky.
It is a .com.au address.
Does anyone know anything about the history of this company?

I am soo tempted.     :o  I have been looking at the 2nd hand ones for my daughter, but this would be much better with 2yr guarantee.  Or I could give her TC and keep TMX   ???
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2012, 03:40:26 pm »
We rang the company today. They are selling them at a loss because they are trying to get traffic to their website because they are a new company (one week old they told us).  I'm tempted (or my husband definately is).  If you pay by Paypal and use your credit card connected to paypal, you have two avenues to get a refund if it falls through (paypal and your credit card provider). They told us that they will not be placing the order with Vorwerk until the deal is closed (once they reach a limit yet to be decided by them after speaking to Vorwerk) hence the delay. Hope this helps.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:24 pm »
SO they have none at all in their possession? That is more then concerning. Especially for a new company, nothing stopping them from shutting up shop, with 73 sold, plus the other 17, they are close to $100k through the door in a week. Not bad for a company with no history what so ever. Off to check if they have been set up as pty ltd...

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012, 10:36:56 pm »
I have to wonder how they could possibly be sourcing these directly from verwork, when their whole sales model is through consultants? If times were tough, surely they'd alter their sales model through their existing importer. And they are far from tough, aussie sales have skyrocketed in the past 2 years.

I was close to going eith this as a second machine, but I have to wonder if these will eventuate at all, it has scam written all over it.

Offline mkr

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:00 pm »
Coming directly from Vorwerk? I doubt it. I really hope people can get their money back as it's sounding more and more like a scam.

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
    • Slice of Health Facebook Page
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2012, 11:42:11 pm »
If you were tempted, you could purchase a small/cheap item from the company first to suss out the customer service and reliability etc.  :-\
Eva, Slice of Health (my personal Thermomix blog)
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
www.facebook.com/sliceofhealthrecipes
Darwin, NT

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:26 am »
They also have fake accounts spamming pages (ie tenina's), saying how wonderful the company is, and they've been so pleased with their purchase... but the account was created a day ago  :-))

I just looked up their ABN, registered 4 months ago, as a pty ltd company. Very easy to liquidate that with hardly any repercussion.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2012, 02:42:25 am »
Where are they Leej ?