Author Topic: Display goes crazy!  (Read 8855 times)

Offline Adpad7

• View Profile
Display goes crazy!
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:28:56 am »
Have moved recently and my scales have gone crazy!  When I press reset all is OK until I reach out to the machine - it begins to weigh crazily without even touching it!  When I remove my hand, it goes back to zero!!  I have ensured that it's on a flat surface (tried it on the floor with the same result), that the cord is fully extended, that it is not touching anything, that there is no water in the bottom, that the feet are clean, etc. but to no avail.  Took it to a friends house and it worked perfectly... :-\

Now, I live on the 10th floor of an apartment block of 11 floors.  Can there be some kind of magnetic interference?  I understand that the TM31 is shielded against this type of thing.  All other electrical aparatus work perfectly in the apartment.

Anyone have the same problem?  Any solution?

Thanks!! Adrian.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Display goes crazy!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:38:38 am »
Sorry this has got me completely baffled. ??? ??? Have you got another set of scales so at least you can weigh, then cook?You might have to contact your HO and explain your predicament.I hope it gets resolved quickly.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Adpad7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:22:10 am »
Yep, I use normal scales but it takes all the fun out of using the TM, especially when it comes to weighing liquids.  I'll see what comes up on this post for now before contacting VW!!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:30:27 am »
you have entered the twilight zone

thats soooooooooooo  :-))

i really hope you can fix the problem

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 12:23:51 pm »
have you tried it in other sockets in your apartment eg bedroom, lounge? perhaps even try to clean the scales feet with a damp cloth. have you referred to the manual that came with the machine for troubleshooting tips?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 12:28:16 pm »
That is weird, wonder if it has got something to do with being so high up  ???   I'd do what CP said, try it in another area of your house.  Hope you get to the bottom of it, it must be frustrating for you Adrian.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Adpad7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 03:45:57 pm »
Well, I've tried it in the bedroom, but with the same results.  I thought it was just my magnetic personality  ;D but then when my wife approaches the TM it does the same ;)

I have cleaned the feet, same result.

Made chicken curry today, decided to try and 'fool' the machine.  I added the ingredients from about 30cm high, kind of sneaking up on it, and it works!!  Measured perfectly, as long as I don't get too close.  I think the next time I'll try it from behind, see if that's any better - which has made me think, what are the sensors on the left of the display for?  Anyone know?  Maybe this is the problem  :-\

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 03:56:03 pm »
This is not right. You need to contact either your consultant or Vorwerk. They need to give you the answer. (Good to know you also have a magnetic personality tho -- superstar material! and you can never have enough...)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:08 pm »
are you wearing anything new that could possibly interfere with the machine but i agree with cp, its not right in any case..sounds like its possessed!! I hope you get it sorted out soon  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:40:56 pm »
The manual doesn't seem to mention anything about those little sensors to the left of the display Adrian.  I did a little test, I covered them with a piece of paper and my scales went crazy like yours - up and down all the time.  I uncovered them and things were normal. It's going to be a darn nuisance weighing from above or trying the behind method so hop on the phone and get some help before you are driven crazy.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 11:55:35 pm »
my friend's tm was like that when it was delivered, so her consultant simply sent it back to get a new one, which is the right thing to do, imo. i'm just glad it didn't happen to me - my tm was delivered to me by the delivery man and i had to unpack it all myself. i never saw the consultant who sold it to me after having my demo, so i never had a delivery demo or anything. imagine if my scales went berserk? i would have been in a real panic.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 12:08:47 am »
Judy, you are such helpful person. I didn't even know there were sensors  to cover and test.
Denise

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:54 am »
what sensors   :-))
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 07:23:22 am »
I THINK that the little 'sensors' may be where the TMX mending man tests the machine when it is ill. I believe that they take the front off and can plug a computer or something in there and it will often diagnose the illness. They can also read the 'little black box' that shows how much it is used.
Adrian I think I would be yelling loudly for help. Good luck.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 07:37:24 am »
Uni, you can see the sensors quite clearly in this shot.  I had never noticed them myself before Adrian mentioned his problem.