Author Topic: More Sections Please???  (Read 16723 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
More Sections Please???
« on: January 29, 2010, 07:24:09 am »
Can we get some more sections please?  This forum is exploding, and it's becoming harder to find things.

Some ideas for starters

Slices
Biscuits/Cookies
Icecream/Sorbet/Frozen Desserts

Main Dishes
Maybe we could get "child-boards" like under the festives board?
Beef
Poultry/Game
Risotto

Other thoughts?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
Re: More Sections Please???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 07:31:53 am »
It's a good idea but is it a huge job for the moderators to shift the existing recipes to their new headings?
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:34:08 am »
dpends how many need moving lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 12:48:53 pm »
I don't know what's involved, but will it become bigger and bigger if left too long?  I can't believe how fast the forum has grown just in my 5 months.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline chocdoc

• View Profile
    • the Chocolate Doctor
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 07:34:07 pm »
How about just start the new sections for any new posts, then gradually move the old posts over as required.

I'm in favour of a section on confections!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 01:03:25 am »
May as well start now - just need me to get organised enough and find the time to do some moves - thanks MM  for doing the moves into condiments.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 05:54:05 am »
May as well start now - just need me to get organised enough and find the time to do some moves - thanks MM  for doing the moves into condiments.
:-* :-* :-* Thank you MM!  Wish I could help!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 07:16:30 am »
I'd like to see more sections, but I know it's a big job to move everything and then you're left with blank posts labelled "MOVED etc etc....."
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 08:33:22 am »
I will sit here quietly and go with anything. If I can't find something someone always help me.  We are getting very large I must admit-more recipes and more fun.
 Being over here lots of changes are made by MM, Thermomixer and Brazen before I even get out of bed, let alone get on the forum. Thanks guys. :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 08:34:59 am »
I'd like to see more sections, but I know it's a big job to move everything and then you're left with blank posts labelled "MOVED etc etc....."

Perhaps after things are moved, that could be left for a while and then deleted. So the only place to find chilli sauce would then be under sauces.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 09:16:06 am »

Perhaps after things are moved, that could be left for a while and then deleted. So the only place to find chilli sauce would then be under sauces.

Here Here....although again, I don't know if that's possible.  Would certainly tidy things up.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 10:42:01 am »
I like most of the sections and find it pretty easy to locate things, especially with index's and the search facility.  The one area that I would like to see changed down the track is the cakes, desserts etc.  We must all be sweet tooths because we have posted SO many recipes here.  Having sections for cakes/slices, desserts/puddings/icecreams, biscuits/cookies and confectionary would be great.  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 10:37:50 pm »
Maybe in the Recipe Reviews section, there could be a section for each book that is available, it would make it easier if trying to locate a particular review from a particular book, or at a glance you can see how many reviews there are from each book and gauge whether to purchase that particular book or not.  :)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »
Great idea JulieO - would definitely help with purchasing decisions.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 11:42:56 pm »
Maybe in the Recipe Reviews section, there could be a section for each book that is available, it would make it easier if trying to locate a particular review from a particular book, or at a glance you can see how many reviews there are from each book and gauge whether to purchase that particular book or not.  :)

Great idea - Child threads for each book
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.