Author Topic: Books in English?  (Read 6958 times)

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
Books in English?
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:28:22 am »
I've seen posts about magazines in Spain, and some other books, but I can't find any recipe books in English.  Do they exist?  I saw something about a book, "Cooking with Steam."  Where can I get a copy?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Books in English?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 03:11:46 am »
There are books from Australia HERE and from UK HERE

"Full Steam Ahead" can be bought from UK and now also from Australia.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:13:00 am »

also there is a Vegetatian one comiung next year as well as a meat lovers one.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:28:59 am »
Thanks, I sent email to the folks in the UK.  Figured the shipping would be less from there.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:23:03 am »
In Australia the Full Steam Ahead cook book is only available for purchase if you have a Varoma demo - you cant actually just buy them outright...I am not sure if that would be the same case in UK

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 10:49:49 am »
In the UK you can just buy the Steam It book.  That's what I did.  For some reason, they don't do the varoma demonstration here - don't know why.  I'm thinking of becoming a demonstrator, and then I'd ask for advice on how to do a varoma demo and introduce it to my clients.  Personally, I'd find it very helpful to have someone come and give me ideas on how to use my varoma in every day life.

Some of the UK books in English are actually from Australia :-)  (eg seafood bounty and gluten free).  Still, if the postage is cheaper, then that's great.  I like the Demonstrator Delights book - although it's more of a booklet, really.  It's a nice mix, as the demonstrators are from different backgrounds and cultures, which makes for an interesting mix of ideas.  For me, at least  :)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!