Author Topic: SALTED CARAMEL MAPLE ICE CREAM  (Read 102953 times)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Re: SALTED CARAMEL MAPLE ICE CREAM
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2011, 03:07:02 pm »
I had to google  TDF a few times before I found it. Couldn't let it beat me.
This is on the list to make tomorrow. Hope it is TDF
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2011, 11:43:21 pm »
Sorry thought it was an accepted acronym. When it comes to this ice cream TDF is a guarantee.  ;)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2011, 08:14:48 am »
at first i was lost then it came to me very quickly...would have known if I did more texting in english lol  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline southpaw

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2011, 08:11:12 am »
This is the absolute best icecream I have ever tasted!  It is so popular in my house, I have to make 2 batches each time so that we never run out!  I agree with everyone else it is definitely TDF!
Sharon from Miners Rest, Victoria

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »
cgonsalv that's what I did when I made it. Worked out fine. BTW it's TDF before it goes into the ice cream maker.

OMG.............. - the amount which ended as the finished frozen icecream was reduced significantly - this could almost be put into martini glasses as a 'drink', needless to say I did not record the 'pro-points' value of this in my WW tracker!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:20:40 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 11:35:02 pm »
That seems to be a common problem with this icecream johnro. I had a little taste before putting in the machine to see what it was like and whether we would like it. Well that taste went on and on and I even had a couple of tastes when I was checking the consistency. This was then followed by a further tasting when I was putting it into a container from the freezer. Quite frankly I don't know how any ended up in the freezer at all. Let's just say that the end quantity was substantially less than what I started with.  ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2011, 06:12:09 am »
I've just made another batch of this and agree that it is very important to taste as you go, frequently. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2011, 10:55:41 pm »
I have this in my icecream maker right now. 
Made the custard in my brand new TC last night.  First thing I tried.

I followed all of the directions very carefully and did plenty of taste tests along the way.
I think what is left will be perfect.  I am adding some chopped macadamias as I had made a super rich chocolate icecream just a few days ago.

I also made a vanilla custard ready to add blueberries last night.  From the TC cookbook but I used egg replacement in that one.  Looks like it will work fine.  That is next into the icecream maker. 
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2011, 12:58:25 am »
You have been busy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 12:03:43 pm »
I made this before my visitors arrived so I had something decadent to offer them.  I also had a super rich chocolate and a blueberry iceream to choose from.

Hmm.  They announced on arrival that they don't eat anything with sugar.  OMG.

Anyway.  After we had finished dinner last night I again offered the icecream and they decided to try it.
It went down a treat.

Tonight I was actually asked for the icecream again.

This is a definate winner.   

Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2011, 05:37:46 am »
My sister made this into an ice cream birthday cake for dinner last night.  With chopped walnuts and rawganic chocolate crumbled on top - delicious!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2011, 07:20:58 am »
What could I do with good guernsey cream that is out of date tomorrow... ice cream!  I only had a 30g maple syrup but golden syrup did the rest.  No vanilla, Kahlua will do.  We ate a little as hot custard now waiting for it to turn into ice-cream.  This is extremely sweet but still nice & buttery.  Not sure I can taste the salt because of the sweetness (I rarely eat sweet things so maybe it's just me).  I wonder if anyone has reduced the sugar content, but maybe that would then not be caramel?

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2011, 10:45:49 am »
Ok have started this icecream going... I have reduced the sugar to 200 from 300 g, hopefully it should work out fine. The main reason is I have a batch of Jo, from quirky cooking, salted caramel with macadamia that I didn't cook quite long enough.it's hard from the freezer but softens al little too much when out. (more like taffy) so I will put this through instead of the choc. I have ground it to quite fine,and I'm not adding the salt as I feel the salt will come thru in the toffee

What do you think? Fingers crossed.
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2011, 10:49:20 am »
Lilli where do you live?? Think I will come for dessert  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2011, 11:09:00 am »
Hehehe, Adelaide. Ok so custard tasted beautiful... Even got to scrape off that little bit that had caramelized a little more on the bottom.yum. And in the freezer now. Kids are all in bed so won't whisk it tonight, but figured I can scrape it up in a couple of hours so it's not all a hard block and then do it in the morning. I couldn't leave it till tomorrow to make or it wouldn't have enough time.

Oh I'm so excited, having a fresh fruit sorbet and a decadent icecream for dessert. Funny how simple things can make such a great dessert... And a stress free night. Just doing bolognaise I think for dinner, and such cheese and fresh dips for nibbles before. Once we get the kids to bed we can start cards... Yay. Can't wait to see how the icecream tastes and it's consistency, this is the FIRST time I have ever made REAL icecream!
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2