Author Topic: Emerald Sue's Seafood Chowder.  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Emerald Sue's Seafood Chowder.
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:47:09 pm »
Didn't want this little gem posted by ES to get lost in the postings ;) ;D

BZB, i only had a loose recipe for the chowder. I put a couple of carrots, celery sticks and fennel sticks into my Thermie and whizzed on speed 5 for about 5 seconds. I then added 3 or 4 large potatoes that I had peeled and roughly chopped, 1 L of water, a tablespoon of Tenina's chicken stock powder and some black pepper and cooked (Varoma temp) everything on speed 2 for about 15 -20 minutes, until the potatoes were soft. I then fried a couple of chopped rashers of bacon in my Le Cruset pot on the stove, added the contents of my thermie jug, a tin of light evaporated milk and a tin of sweetcorn. I then simmered it on the stovetop until it was hot and added about 500g of mixed seafood (prawns, calamari, mussels, blue grenidier, salmon and another white fish) and cooked for a couple of minutes more until the seafood was just cooked. I garnished each bowl  with a splash of cream and some chopped coriander and served with a warm bread roll. There was enough for 5 of us to eat well, and some leftover for lunch.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Emerald Sue's Seafood Chowder.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:59:57 pm »
Thanks CC and ES.   This is so much easier than the recipe I use where you make a Roux and cook it for 20 mins. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:49:41 am »
Yes I have only heard of the roux method. I may have to give this a try.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:26:10 pm »
Thanks CC - I didn't think of posting the recipe as I didn't measure quantities accurately and I finished it off on the stove. I did enjoy it though :)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous