Author Topic: Swirly Bacon or Ham Rolls  (Read 26453 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Re: Swirly Bacon or Ham Rolls
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2011, 08:16:22 am »
Made one with Marmite and cheese;  instead of milk I used soy milk.  Took one to DD's piano teacher, she loves it.  DD had two pieces within ten minutes.  ;D
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline PaulaM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 08:48:51 am »
oh my gosh these look fantastic, I am going to make these next week!!!

Offline korrick

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 09:59:03 pm »
These are great - they didn't rise as they should on the first rising but did double in size on the second. Don't know if I did something wrong, but I will try letting in do first rising in TM as suggested earlier. I love all the variations and will try them all. I made ham and onion, but instead of using BBQ sauce (which I didn't have) i mixed tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce - it was well received here. They were definitely light and fluffy.
Cooking is fun again with my TMX!

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
    • Slice of Health Facebook Page
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 10:49:31 pm »
Same here. Mine didn't rise on the first rising either. But turned out perfectly and doubled in size in the oven. Love these !
Eva, Slice of Health (my personal Thermomix blog)
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
www.facebook.com/sliceofhealthrecipes
Darwin, NT

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 10:04:53 am »
Not sure why they didn't rise the first time for you, but glad they worked out.  There are so many variations of these.

One of my customers was telling me she used to pay over $3 each for these type of scrolls, and can now make a whole batch for the same price.  Fantastic!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline luel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 09:31:39 am »
Just made these....delicious, even my fussy son ate one (YAY, small victory).
I put some chopped up pineapple in mine along with the ham and used home made tomato sauce.  So light and fluffy...mmmmmmm

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:32 am »
these are great thanks for posting this recipe

i made my dough 1st, then the topping no need to wash  *: after the dough , less washing up this way  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 07:20:07 am »
Uni,  you are such a great cook.  Love the look of these.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 08:24:56 am »
thanks, that means a lot to me coming from you  :-*
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline alioc

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 01:16:22 pm »
I made these for lunch today, but instead of the topping in the recipe, used a bit of extra cheese (about 50g), 2 spring onions and a little butter (maybe 1.5 tbs) whizzed together. Delicious.

I was worried that I'd done something wrong at first as the dough was a lot stickier than the EDC bread I made. It was tricky to get out and had to soak the bowl later. The scrolls, once baked, were fluffy and soft, and were eaten hot from the oven! A girlfriend dropped around for a coffee and was also very impressed with the two I saved for her. She hadn't seen Mr T yet either, so was pretty amazed at what it could do.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 01:47:19 pm »
One of my customers was telling me she used to pay over $3 each for these type of scrolls, and can now make a whole batch for the same price.  Fantastic!

I often bought the vegemite and cheese scrolls from the bakery for DD4 and DS2 pre TMX, and yes over $3 and I would think 'what a rip off!' (and still buy them) :-)) So I made these today with vegemite & cheese and DD4 said "Mmm, lovely rolls Mummy"  :D :D :D
I have popped the others in the freezer for next time we have to run errands all day, and can easily grab these from the freezer rather than stopping in at the bakery :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:04:45 pm by judydawn »

Offline curly66

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 04:29:43 am »
My first attempt is in the oven as we speak!
Can't wait to try, I've read and re-read the recipe that many times but having no luck with bread hadn't been game enough to try.. they are looking pretty amazing..  I used the original recipe and in the herbs I added spring onions, coriander and basil..  I used masterfoods worchestire bbq sauce as it's my favorite but as soon as the bottle is empty I'll be making my own now I've seen how easy it is..