Author Topic: iPhone App for Thermomix Forum  (Read 19352 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: iPhone App for Thermomix Forum
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 08:27:22 am »
I don't have an iphone but I do have a HD2... and I'm another guilty of being on the net whilst waiting for appointments..  and considering I spend at least half my waking hours at appointments... it seems I'm around a lot!  :P :-[

Ceejay, what do you think of the HD2? Is it good? I don't like Apple anything, so refuse to buy an iPhone. I absolutely hate iTunes and how you can't synch your iPod on another computer without losing everything. So, I'm interested in a touch phone that isn't an iPhone. Then I can sell my iPod!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 12:57:06 pm »
oooo would definately be interested in an iphone applicaton for this forum..i know taste.com.au have started one as well..would be fantastic..just easier than safari but im quite happy to log in that way while waiting for a possible application..

absolutely love my iphone..previously had HTC phones and wasnt happy with them at all..the thing had to be permantly charged but with my iphone i have a heap of apps, tv, etc etc and no probs .it never dies..only have to charge it every couple of days and is oh so handy!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 02:08:50 pm »
I've recently installed tapatalk on a forum I run and it works great on the iphone.

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 10:39:19 am »
Is there an app now?

Offline chdv

• View Profile
    • Aussie in a Swiss kitchen
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 05:59:54 am »
I have a Galaxy S and I've just installed Forum Runner on my phone, but a search for Thermomix forum comes up empty. Any tips on how to find it?

Cheryl
Cheryl

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 10:41:33 am »
The Forum doesn't have this app set up yet.

Funny, I was reading my post earlier about me hating everything Apple. I am now a convert! I adore Apple everything and have a MacBook and an iPhone!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »
lol Megan!

Yes I don't think this has gone anywhere :)

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 03:51:12 pm »
The Forum doesn't have this app set up yet.

Funny, I was reading my post earlier about me hating everything Apple. I am now a convert! I adore Apple everything and have a MacBook and an iPhone!!

DH and I were always Apple haters but are now complete converts too.  Having an IT background Apple and its ease of use was seriously derided but now almost everyone we know has crossed over to the "other side"  I would love, LOVE an ipad .... but I cant quite see what I'd use it for ... :-))

I better cut back a bit on my spending because as I've crashed my car, I'm kind of hoping that dh will buy me a new one ...  ;D

Nik

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »
Unfortunately ForumRunner doesn't like the platform this forum is set up in.  They just won't play nicely together. 

I asked MM to see if he could get the forum added to the App a few months ago and he tried, but found that it wasn't compatible.  If, however, we find a forum reader app which is compatible with SMF- Simple Machines then he will move on it right away.  Does anyone know of one?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Bonsai

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 01:01:46 pm »
The tapatalk website says they support SMF, so maybe this is the way to go http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 03:27:06 pm »
Thanks Bonsai.  I'll PM Master Moderator with that link now.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 07:05:14 am »
Thanks Caroline!

Let us know when it's up and running! :-*
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 05:27:14 am »
Yes tapatalk does because the forum Zan was talking about is SMF and has tapatalk :)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 09:08:10 pm »
Yep.  At the moment it seems to be the only one, but ForumRunner plans to include it in the near future (although 'near' could mean anything, of course!)

Offline amberdonnelly

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 07:18:05 am »
I would definately love an app to help me get onto the forum more. At the moment i use safari and its not bad but could be better. Look forward to seeing it soon (fingers crossed) lol