Author Topic: Vegan dishes  (Read 3588 times)

Offline grapesy83

• View Profile
Vegan dishes
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:18:24 am »
I need your help.  I need to cook something for a vegan on the weekend - anyone got any good recipes?
cheers

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vegan dishes
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:54:50 am »
We have a childboard of Vegan recipes under the Vegetarian topic on the home page grapesy.  Have a look through that, you are sure to come up with something suitable.

I also found vegan chocolate cake in the Special Diets section so will put a copy of that into the vegan thread as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:03:17 pm »
I can thoroughly recommend Quirky Jo's lentil bolognaise (http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4286.0) for a savoury and also her creamy coconut rice pudding ( http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/creamy-coconut-vanilla-rice-pudding.html) as a dessert. Both delicious vegan recipes.
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »
A great many Indian meals are, or can be made, vegan, for instance dahl, and various vegetable curries.  As Judy suggested, check out the Vegan pages, also my cashew nut curry is very tasty and easy.  Lots of other recipes can be converted to vegan simply by swapping tofu for the meat.  Quirky Jo's Chicken and Coconut Satay Sauce is gorgeous, once again substituting firm tofu for the chicken, there are also vegetarian chillis or Gado Gado (omitting the eggs).  Hope that helps.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.