Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8981791 times)

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2008, 02:31:35 am »
We did a community meal for the less fortunate today.  My wife made 4 hotel pans of a green bean casserole, and made all the bechamel (about 6 liters) with the TM.  It was her first time using it :)

Here's a picture of the pile of meat we did

If you want to see more pictures CLICK HERE

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2008, 05:00:31 am »
Lovely to hear the good news of generosity. I hope everyone enjoyed the meal. Thank you for posting this. Lovely to hear about the good side of human nature.

MM

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2008, 06:15:57 am »
I made my first sorbet today.  That probably seems pretty stupid seeing I saw it done at the demo when I received the machine, but I really haven't been at all interested in trying until now.  We are so sick of leftovers and rich food and it seems as if summer has arrived here in Perth at last so I decided to make a mango sorbet.  I reduced the amount of sugar in the book by about half, and now I wonder why  we waited so long.  It was really light and summery and just what we all needed.

When it cools down a bit this afternoon I'm going to try making one of my favourite chocolate cake recipes in it to see how I go.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2008, 11:22:20 pm »
Have had computer problems and so minimal action for a few days.

Glad to see people had a great xmas and looking forward to 2009.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2008, 08:35:43 am »
I had my brother and SIL here for lunch today before they headed back to Canberra. SIL was interested in the thermomix, so we whizzed up a strawberry sorbet (nearly as good as yesterdays mango one) and some cheese balls, using the Christmas recipe and then made her a quick coffee in it.  There may well be another buyer coming up.  She was impressed with the beetroot dip I made the other night too. I think she especially liked the easy clean up as she HATES washing up.
Today is a good day for sorbets here as it's pretty warm.  Such an easy cooling down sweets-and not too bad on the waist line if you reduce the sugar quantity by a fair bit.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2008, 06:57:22 pm »
We're making a Rice Pfanne in the TM tonight.  A Pfanne is a German thing, usually made with either rice or potatoes, in a deep frying pan or wok.  It's basically a stir fry, but without the chinese spices / sauces.  I usually use herbs, onion, garlic, olive oil, white wine or stock and lemon juice for the seasoning / 'sauce' (just gives it flavour and stops it being dry, really.  Not a full-blown sauce).  That's what's being used tonight.  We always make it with leftovers.  We have leftover rice, chicken, pepper, etc.  So it's all on it's way into the Pfanne.

Thanks for the dog biscuit recipes, Thermomixer.  I'd googled some recipes, most of which seem to call for bonemeal (yuk).  My husband just took the leftover chicken carcass, threw it into the TM, and ground it into bonemeal!!  Not quite sure what I think of that ...

Bread made as usual, of course.  Getting around to being a bit more adventurous rather than making variations on the basic recipe every other day.  Still, it's a 100 times better than shop bought!  Still can't get over the fact that we prefer the TM to the bread machine for bread.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:29:15 pm by CarolineW »
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2008, 10:01:48 pm »
hoping to try some GF bread / cakes etc for rora today - have been too busy in the past week to do anything!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2008, 08:11:00 am »
Still in holiday mode, although the turkey and pork are gone now - thank goodness!!
Just some juice today.
Happy new year to everyone!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2008, 10:02:43 am »
today i made a GF pizza base for rora plus a regular one for everyone else, and then geoff made the tmx bolognaise sauce for dinner
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2009, 02:20:41 am »
I have just made the dough for Tenina's Jaffa Basler Brunsli and put it in the fridge.
Not a great success so far! ???
I ended up with a dough that was like sticky concrete and far to heavy for the machine to mix, even with some extra liquid thrown in.  I had to drag it out and mix it by hand - not an easy job, but at least I feel that I have had a workout. ;)
The clean-up was not easy either.
I doubt that I will try to make these again, no matter how lovely they are.
Has anyone else tried to make them?  Perhaps I did something wrong.

I know Basler are not the most fun...I struggled with these as well, but they did work in the end...just a pain frankly! I won't be making them again either! :'(

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2009, 02:47:37 am »
Made Tandoori Chicken tonight with nan.  The Tandoori was made with the Gram Masala from the Everyday book, and made the nan dough in the TM too... 

The recipe for the nan is HERE

The recipe for the tandoori chicken is HERE
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:41:32 am by UnConundrum »

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2009, 07:11:19 am »
I have some mangoes lying around today.
I think that mango sorbet may be in order!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2009, 07:29:09 am »
Don't you just love this machine?
Mango sorbet made and inhaled by teenagers!!

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2009, 08:39:16 am »
I just watered the tomatoes and saw that the basil needed thinning back - pesto now in freezer!

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2009, 12:37:41 am »
I have just made a loaf of TM31 bread for today.  Maybe some jam later on today when I get some fruit.