Author Topic: Raspberry Lychee Sorbet  (Read 4135 times)

Offline bimbykitchenadventures

• View Profile
Raspberry Lychee Sorbet
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:54:59 pm »
Raspberry Lychee Sorbet:
Will feed a small crowd:

Ingredients:

500-600 g ice blocks
150 g peeled lychees, fresh or tinned
120 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
100 g sugar
1 egg white (optional)

Preparation:

1. Mill the sugar on Speed 9 for 6 secs
2. Add fruit to bowl, along with egg white if using and 500g ice
3. Set timer for 1 min and bring speed up to 10, use spatula to move the mixture around for up to 30 secs until the mixture moves by itself
4. Taste and check for sweetness levels and consistency to your liking, then add up to 100g more ice through the lid while on Speed 10 for up to another minute if desired. The raspberry seeds need a bit of time if you'd like a smoother texture.

Eat immediately or freeze in a container, then churn once more on Speed 8 just before serving. I have tried putting the mixture back in the freezer after the second churn to keep it for a longer period without needing to process it again before eating, and that seems to work pretty well.

Ok, that's my first recipe contribution! I hope some of you try it and enjoy it as much as I do. Pls let me know if there's anything I could do to improve the freezing steps or speeds for emulsifying it the second time. Pic is attached.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Raspberry Lychee Sorbet
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »
Good work.  Sounds delish.  Have you tried placing excess into ice cube trays?  May be part of your training  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Lychee Sorbet
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 01:32:31 am »
Sounds Divine!!! 8)