Author Topic: Recipe Review & Tweak - Buckwheat Tabouleh  (Read 5000 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Recipe Review & Tweak - Buckwheat Tabouleh
« on: December 28, 2009, 04:23:27 am »
Buckwheat Tabouleh - A Taste of Vegetarian Book page 57

I made a burghul version of this one so it differs slightly.

Good handful of Italian parsley (I used curly)
Good handful of mint leaves
150g burghul
1 Lebanese cucumber, roughly chopped and de-seeded
2-3 ripe tomatoes, ( I used 2 large ones cut into quarters)
3 spring onions cut into 5cm lengths
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbspns olive oil
S & P to taste

Pour boiling water over the burguhl  and soak for 10 minutes. Drain & rinse under cold water. Drain again. Place the burguhl into a clean tea towel and wring out to dry. Set aside.
Place parsley and mint in the bowl and chop for just 2 sec on speed 6. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Add remaining ingredients into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 4. Check to see if the size of the ingredients is to your liking and chop some more if not, being careful not to over process. If there are only a couple of chunky items, better to cut them by hand rather than risk turning things to mush.
Place into a serving bowl and stir through the reserved parsley/mint mixture and the burguhl.
Check seasonings again and adjust if necessary.  Refrigerate until ready to serve to allow flavours to develop.

This is really nice if you like this sort of salad. I expected it to be over processed but you could still see all the bits and pieces and different colours. 5/5
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 04:25:27 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Recipe Review & Tweak - Buckwheat Tabouleh
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:45:56 am »
Thanks JD - you should be able to mix the parsley etc and burghul with the tomato/cucumber on reverse and speed 3 or 4.  Less mess ??  maybe ???
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review & Tweak - Buckwheat Tabouleh
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:56:44 am »
I did think about that Thermomixer but was so happy with the look of it at that stage that I didn't want to risk it. You are right about the mess, I added the burghul in stages until it looked right and I had it everywhere :-)) :-)) :-)) Will make a note to try it your way next time.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.