Author Topic: Food Magazine Subscriptions  (Read 16236 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Food Magazine Subscriptions
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:04:12 am »
Which magazines do you subscribe too?
Are you happy with the magazine?

I subscribe to Donna  Hay & the kids annual, love these, just renewed.

New subscription BBC delicious, arriving July.

H :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:06:18 am by Hally »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Food Magazine Subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:57 am »
I don't subscribe to any.
the only one I read all the time is Super Food Ideas.
 :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Netstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:26:31 am »
I have a subscription to Super Food Ideas.  I've had it for about 4 years now (it's Christmas present keeps getting renewed  :)).  It is probably one of the best food magazines I've read.  I love getting it in the mail each month!  The recipes are simple and they are always geared towards seasonal foods and have ideas for upcoming events (eg. Christmas).  I also find their articles interesting (always about nutrition, how to use different types of foods etc).

Since getting my TM (only a month ago now), I've been going back through my old favourite editions of the magazine in an attempt to convert them!!

The other good thing about the magazine is that it is part of the taste.com.au website so if I can't remember where the recipe is, I can just search it on their website. 

Jeanette from the Gold Coast

mcmich

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:13:55 am »
Well contrary to my New Years Resolution (no more cookbooks or food mags except Donna Hay) I subscribe to Delicious
(that was a freeby though through credit card points reward, so it doesn't count) -very happy with it. Donna Hay and Australian Good Food. I don't subscribe but occasionally get Super Food Ideas. I enjoy a bubble bath, a glass of wine and reading a magazine.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:27:00 am »
I subscribe to Masterchef and used to subscribe to Delicious. I buy Super Food Ideas, Australian Good Food and the BBC Good Food as an app as it is way cheaper and on time. I often buy Good Taste and anything I can get my hands on. Oh yes and I regularly buy Feast as I love to read it.

My DH subscribes to Women's Weekly  :D :D :D :D :DHe got a free subscription because of buying continence pads for his MUm. :D :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:30:45 am »
My DH subscribes to Women's Weekly  :D :D :D :D :DHe got a free subscription because of buying continence pads for his MUm. :D :D :D
[/quote]
How Funny.

I don't feel quite so bad about my subscriptions now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:39:31 am by mcmich »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 06:33:34 am »
I don't subscribe to any but can't remember the last month I didn't buy Super Food Ideas... :-))
:D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 06:38:53 am »
Dish. Is my fav.,  also Gourmet traveller although this is a bit patchy. In recipes that I like.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 06:56:40 am »
I often pick up Dish too Chookie after you recommended it. Not many newsagents here have it. :'(

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 08:56:03 am »
I don't subscribe to any but regularly buy Masterchef, Super Food Ideas, Delicious, Australian Good Food, Feast, BBC Good Food, Recipes+ and just about anything that has any interesting looking dish on the front when I see it. I know, I know, I'm a food magazine addict. I keep telling myself that there is no need to subscribe as I am going to quite buying them. I haven't missed an edition of any of them for months & months. I've been dropping hints to the family that I'd like an iPad for Mother's Day so I can subscribe and do my bit for the environment.

BTW I take the magazines into work when I've finished so others can read them so I'm not just throwing them in the bin.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 09:33:21 am »
I also recycle my magazines to a friend and then a nursing home, after I've removed all the recipes I want. :P

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 09:53:17 am »
I also regularly buy Super Food Ideas.  Occasionally I will splurge and buy a Donna Hay or Feast magazine if it looks like an issue with lots of good recipes.

I also like home decorating mags too! I used to love Notebook because it was a good mix but they stopped publishing it last year.  Shame

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 09:58:05 am »
My girls give me magazine subscriptions for different occasions - currently receiving BBC Australian Good Food and Australian Healthy Food Guide.  I used to pick up every food magazine I saw in Foodland but I've been a good girl lately and don't get sucked in by a lovely picture on the front cover. Christmas is different though, sometimes I can't help myself and have to buy every Christmas edition of any magazine I see - must stop this habit too  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 10:01:01 am »
My girls give me magazine subscriptions for different occasions - currently receiving BBC Australian Good Food and Australian Healthy Food Guide.  I used to pick up every food magazine I saw in Foodland but I've been a good girl lately and don't get sucked in by a lovely picture on the front cover. Christmas is different though, sometimes I can't help myself and have to buy every Christmas edition of any magazine I see - must stop this habit too  :-))
me too DJ - Christmas magazines - just can't go past them.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:23 am »
I get BBC Aus Good Food (Christmas pressie from brother and SIL). Love it, my last one looks like an echidna with all the sticky notes poking out the top.  :)
Got a funny feeling I might die before I make all the recipes in my "to try" pile! It is rather large.
I was getting the Woolies good taste, but found they started using a lot of pre-packed food and jars of sauces etc.
Glad my SIL made a mistake when she renewed my subscription for this year!