Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6130686 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8325 on: April 28, 2013, 12:38:09 am »
Safe trip Hally

Marie

mcmich

« Reply #8326 on: April 28, 2013, 01:52:25 am »
It will be good to have you back Hally  :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: April 28, 2013, 04:37:18 am »
Thank you ;D

Looking forward to cooking up a storm ;D

Packing now >:( >:(
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: April 28, 2013, 04:56:09 am »
hope the holiday was good Hally :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #8329 on: April 28, 2013, 07:25:47 am »
Ended up at Newcastle Foreshore for lunch. It was a beautiful day weather wise.
There happened to be a fund raiser jet boat race on. A fun day. Then browsed through a couple of nurseries on the way home.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: April 28, 2013, 09:35:56 am »
Would have been gorgeous in on the foreshore! We spent the morning out at Speer Point park at the kids playground which the kids loved.

Finally unpacked our suitcases from Hawaii.
Kylie

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: April 28, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »
We spent the day at the Classic Car show. There was over 1000 cars on display and because it was a lovely day lots of people attended. We had to be there early and not allowed to leave until. 3.30. We usually wait until a further half hour has passed as the rush to get out is horrid.
It is a tiring day but fun.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: April 28, 2013, 01:15:56 pm »
Sounds like fun cookie :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: April 28, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »
at work
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

mcmich

« Reply #8334 on: April 28, 2013, 11:20:03 pm »
Would have been gorgeous in on the foreshore! We spent the morning out at Speer Point park at the kids playground which the kids loved.

Finally unpacked our suitcases from Hawaii.

Kylie didn't realise you are a Novocastrian. Speer Point park is a great place for the kids always crowd there on the weekends.  :D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: April 29, 2013, 03:07:12 am »
Cookie - was the car show up at Bindoon? Would have been a beautiful day out, the weekend was lovely here.

So nice I managed to get hubby to help me clear out the garage - I had no idea we had so many empty boxes in there! They're all on the pile ready to burn. He also decided the olives needed pruning and so I relented and said I want them trimmed to the height of the gutters. Out came the hedge trimmer, chainsaw and clippers and his gutter height and my gutter height are 2 totally different heights  ??? His version of gutter height is about a metre lower than mine. Bloody men and tools and trimming plants. I don't think I'll let him do that again. Then he went out the back with the chainsaw, stood on the lawn and asked me if any of my roses needed pruning. The answer I gave him I cannot put here  :o (It did involve parts of his anatomy and his chainsaw  :o ) Needless to say he edged back into the shed with his chainsaw and didn't come out til he thought I'd cooled off and it was safe!

Miss 16 is off on a driving lesson (we found a lovely local lady and are doing all the lessons etc through her)
I've washed my car, Miss 11 has vacuumed most of the house, and now we're packed waiting to go down to Mum's for the night. Have to go ball gown shopping tomorrow for Miss 16.
I think I may need a wee drink by the time that is finished. Miss 16 is not on the same wavelength as me when it comes to dresses.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: April 29, 2013, 04:45:15 am »
Miss 16 is not on the same wavelength as me when it comes to dresses. :)

Most daughters arn't.

Have fun shopping

[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: April 30, 2013, 12:27:27 pm »
The car show was at Whiteman Park.

I am glad we are past the 16 year old phase and especially ball gowns and the fun that goes with it. But then they look lovely on the night.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: May 01, 2013, 12:19:11 am »
Surprise surprise...Miss 16 LOVED the dress I pulled off the rack in DJ's yesterday.  :)
We'd looked in all the shops in Garden City and finally came to DJ's. One lady had told me to go in to Subiaco to Ruth Tardyvas (sp?) and buy a gown there...uh huh - I must have looked like I was a millionaire or something! :o

Anyway - could not find anything worthy of trying on. I was getting a little panicked at the thought of not finding something when I saw 5 dresses, pulled them off the rack, poked her and them into the change room and said "try 'em on" in my sweetest, no nonsense you will like one of these or else voices.

She put the first one on  and I nearly died when she came out of the dressing room. My Mum was gobsmacked and even Miss 11 went "whoa...". It was pretty hard to say "that's it" without jumping up and down and squealing like a teenager. Miss 16's eyes lit up and she casually says "yeah. looks good". Mum and I were giving each other the wiggly eyebrows signal that means 'oh lordy she looks bloody amazing'!
The other 4 were no go-ers, so back to the first one. We discussed it, she twirled this way and that (and made me remember back to the days when I once had a waist...) and without further ado I took it to the counter. At this stage I had not looked at the price tag and was expecting something really scary. I opted not to look and just 'suck it up' and the lady says to me "oh you got a bargain today dear, it's on special and there's $100 off and you get a free compact mirror with it" .
Woo hoo! ;D ;D ;D
We then got shoes, a necklace, pretty bits to put in her hair for a grand total of about $350 and all well under budget!

Sorry ladies - no photos just yet, the ball is in a week and a half, so I'll endeavour to get one up then after she's had the hair and make up done.

And had to share - just pretty stoked that we got a lovely frock that isn't A) black or B) makes her look like a cheap tart.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: May 01, 2013, 12:25:04 am »
Nikkit that is great, and a bargain price for everything look forward to seeing the photos  :)