Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 197543 times)

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #345 on: March 25, 2012, 12:23:26 pm »
My girls have all quite enjoyed usin the Bellini for most food processing but it is gutless for mixing bread dough. I told them about all the drama involved and said we can pack them up and take them back if they want and I'll buy them a thermochef or second hand thermomx each. They haven't really decided though yet.  I really just want them to be able to easily cook healthy meals without resorting to packages.  The Bellini has handled food processor type functions very well. They haven't tried cooking in them though yet.
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 25, 2012, 06:42:48 pm »
Jude its good they are using them but a bit of a shame only as a processor... if i was you i would source either a second hand thx or he thermochef as you mentioned as they can handle bread and cooking dishes as well which is what the bellini is supposed to do... Plus if its the thermochef you know that there are several users on the forum also cooking with them and successfully.. Im obviously not for the bellini.. I find it dodgy and think its best people get their money back and buy whatever is affordable to them..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2012, 03:15:26 am »
sounds like HQ are onto it!!

from Target facebook page!

To clarify - the product has not been withdrawn for safety related reasons. We are working through a legal issue which we hope to resolve as soon as possible and at this stage, we have no answer in regards to further stock becoming available. If you wish to discuss this further

Offline ETC

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #348 on: March 30, 2012, 10:47:10 am »
Don't buy a Thermochef!  Wait and save the money up... I have had mind for a while now and even though it does the job I am starting to wish I had waited... the butterfly is annoying (I have blended one up and the store had a whole box under the counter to replace them - apparently happens alot) the motor can't handle any really thick dough (or the biscuit and condensed milk I was mixing for a slice), the stickers are starting to bubble and peel etc etc.  In saying that though I do love it... but you know sometimes I dream of the real thing...

mcmich

Re: Re: Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #349 on: March 30, 2012, 11:29:48 am »
the stickers are starting to bubble and peel etc etc.  In saying that though I do love it... but you know sometimes I dream of the real thing...

What stickers are you refering to?

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2012, 12:17:48 pm »
ETC that's a shame. I hope one day you will get your TM you dream of :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

jakodai

« Reply #351 on: April 02, 2012, 07:34:33 am »
Hi Everyone, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just saw this in the target catalogue. It's the Bellini Baby Food Maker. Certainly not competition with a thermomix, from what I can tell it steams the food in one part, then processes it in another. But given everything that's happened with Kitchen Master, and other products they've produced, I wonder if this will have any problems...
http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/portal/offerdetails/bellini_baby_food_maker/13323863643330?gotopage=1&CatalogueID=13318642048770&CatalogueID=&source=catalogueoffer&jump=&pageview=two

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2012, 08:59:09 am »
Hi Everyone, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just saw this in the target catalogue. It's the Bellini Baby Food Maker. Certainly not competition with a thermomix, from what I can tell it steams the food in one part, then processes it in another. But given everything that's happened with Kitchen Master, and other products they've produced, I wonder if this will have any problems...
http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/portal/offerdetails/bellini_baby_food_maker/13323863643330?gotopage=1&CatalogueID=13318642048770&CatalogueID=&source=catalogueoffer&jump=&pageview=two

I did notice that in last weeks catalogue jakodai
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2012, 05:02:45 am »
my sister bought a bellini from target and used it non-stop for 3 weeks and it broke down. When she took it back the target lady told her they'd had alot back and were not getting them in again.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2012, 06:07:04 am »
Interesting, thanks Nay.  Been wondering where you've been lately  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #355 on: April 07, 2012, 07:34:21 am »
Three weeks, with regular use. Good test. I guess that goes to show you get what you pay for and I bet everyone here is glad they invested in a thermomix. I wouldn't be without mine now.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 07, 2012, 09:14:46 am »
CP how did yours go?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline HotmixPRO

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 09, 2012, 11:00:19 pm »
I currently have three of them sitting on my bench at home and am greatly resisting the urge to bring a fourth toy home from Target tomorrow.  I'm not allowed to head into work tomorrow (actually I could but I'm not being encouraged to :) ) as I believe a gentleman from Hotmixpro is coming in to see us.  My husband is just no fun at times :P.  I am looking forward to seeing the reviews of the Bellini machine although I suspect they are not going to be overly favourable....I was pleasantly surprised by the Thermochef however so you just never know.

Back to making bread and hommus....gotta have something for the fussy female teenager to eat for breakfast....why can't she just eat weetbix like a normal kid!

Hi Stacelee, my visit to you is news to me ??? although I will be over in a couple of weeks

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2012, 07:05:12 am »

I think they may have got a "letter" 😉 this in in the catalogue that came today.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2012, 07:29:48 am »
It's still for sale at the Good Guys. Called something else though, can't remember what.
Melbourne, inner north