Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 197531 times)

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2012, 10:53:09 am »
Very interesting. I went for a look yesterday, and thought they looked pretty good for the money. Of course I agree TM is much better and will last heaps longer, but... how can Vorwek justify TMX being 7 x the price? I think they need to consider reducing the price and they will get heaps more volume in sales. Most of my friends want one, but all have young kids and only 1 or 1.5 incomes and just manage to pay the mortgage. I won't be hosting demos for a while I think, even I can't think of enough reasons to justify the prohibitive cost of thermie.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2012, 11:11:49 am »
Lmao gert !!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2012, 11:23:27 am »
The cost in my eyes is justified as it is the only machine of its kind on the market from the type of motor to all its functions to high quality material... Its like asking for a rolls for the same price as a middle of the range vehicle or something then it loses its high end appeal, functionality and most of all would not be able to do everything it claims to. As costs would have to be cut and it wouldnt be the same machine.if people cant afford it then they cant afford it.. Not everyone can afford everything.. Its always been the case and they do try to accommodate those that cant outly afford it with payment plans.. As well dont forget it is imported and they dont skimp on transport or any thing else either.. Here everything is sent via ups and not just thrown in the post.. People have to stop wanting everything for so much less as thats why so many countries are overloaded with crap made in china... One day thats all we will get.. Personally i think the thermomix is worth every cent..

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2012, 02:24:52 pm »
This is one of the reasons why we buy TMX's  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2012, 02:31:37 pm »
The cost in my eyes is justified as it is the only machine of its kind on the market from the type of motor to all its functions to high quality material... Its like asking for a rolls for the same price as a middle of the range vehicle or something then it loses its high end appeal, functionality and most of all would not be able to do everything it claims to. As costs would have to be cut and it wouldnt be the same machine.if people cant afford it then they cant afford it.. Not everyone can afford everything.. Its always been the case and they do try to accommodate those that cant outly afford it with payment plans.. As well dont forget it is imported and they dont skimp on transport or any thing else either.. Here everything is sent via ups and not just thrown in the post.. People have to stop wanting everything for so much less as thats why so many countries are overloaded with crap made in china... One day thats all we will get.. Personally i think the thermomix is worth every cent..

i could not agree more - well said !!!!   :)
Tan

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »

Love those stories... My mil who recently passed had one of the orange earlier models.. It never broke down either and still works today...

Offline gemiNy

• View Profile

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2012, 04:56:48 pm »
Great story Kathryn.I agree 100% why you buy a TM ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:40 pm »
Well said Frozzie.  We can't all have everything and instant gratification.  I saved for my TM and love it more because I had to go without other things to get it.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2012, 08:21:49 pm »
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/companies/gerard-family-breaks-silence-on-five-year-old-tax-scandal/story-fn91v9q3-1226108588430

Maybe they are looking to make a quick buck? ;)

As I said Frozzie just a few clicks or taps and there are a few more stories about this company and their PRODUCTS . A lot of information  in the public domain for those of who love to do their research before buying anything.. If they have product failure and product recall in the past then  you can bet it will be the same in the future. Still all warnings won't stop some people buying  cheap rips offs for all the reasons you mentioned.

I  have to say though that not everything made is China is crap. Take for instance,  the iPad a beautiful well made and expensive product.   The integrity of the company is the important thing .

Very interesting. I went for a look yesterday, and thought they looked pretty good for the money. Of course I agree TM is much better and will last heaps longer, but... how can Vowerk justify TMX being 7 x the price? I think they need to consider reducing the price and they will get heaps more volume in sales. Most of my friends want one, but all have young kids and only 1 or 1.5 incomes and just manage to pay the mortgage. I won't be hosting demos for a while I think, even I can't think of enough reasons to justify the prohibitive cost of thermie.

If you could buy the Thermomix in Target it would be much cheaper. It is all about  the marketing. The same with Tupperware, which is where Vorwerk got it's  direct selling  strategy as well as having a financial interest in that company. Indeed at one time Tupperware was actually sold in  Target stores in the US. Now you will sometimes see  Tupperware sold in kiosks  in shopping malls.  The same here. Tupperware is a quality well made product with a lifetime guarantee but these days has a lot of competition.

I have actually seen  the Thermomix  in a sort of mini demo in my local shopping centre. Not an easy thing with no sink or water available.  The look of plastic buckets  filled with clean and dirt water is not so pretty  or practical but still you got to see the machine in action without having to go to a strangers home for for a demo.

Direct selling will always make the product  more expensive as everyone  in the tier or pyramid  takes a portion of the profit with the lowest and broadest on the bottom  getting a small amount each. That it why the consultants have to sell sell,sell to make a living wage and they have to recruit In order to move up the rung. You can't be a group leader unless you have a group to lead can you?

Like anything we buy there is the cost of the product and the cost of  the marketing. 

I really  hope those who buy the Bellini get some satisfaction from it.  If not then get the money back and put the $269 in the Thermomix fund.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2012, 09:45:12 pm »
It was a generl comment gert but the majority of stuff that comes out of china is imo crap.. Even some brands who have a reputation and like so many have Outsourced their production to china and the like have lost out in quality and it is starting to become a problem.. They arent lasting like they normally do.. This is just starting to be noticed here.. And is becoming a big problem.. Its becoming very hard to find anything locally made which is exactly what people are looking for again (here anyway)

As for tupperware yes they once sold in target in the us and that is what killed their business in the us as did the selling tupperware online in the states.. I dont think its fair to say its a pyramid type scheme that makes it more expensive... There is alot of money involved in researching materials and new products snd along with the name comes a certain respnsibility if they want to remain selling in the same price range.. I know for a fact how much testing is done with a company like tupperware and although yes expensive they are way ahead of the many other copies on the market which is why they are still killing in sales after so many years and im sure i. Years to come vorwerk will still be going strong and all the cheap knock offs will have come and gone.. What keeps them anead and dictates their prices is research and development of new products and obviously established brand ame to a certain extent.

This all comes down to personal idea of quality and value for money... Fact is the majority of people want something for nothing which is what pushes companies to outsource production in the first place...electronic products never have to last long as they are updated with new versions every 18mths on average so often they are outdated long before they have a chance to wear out..i agree that even if made in china or similar it does come down to companies integrity in part..

Everyones view of quality is different depending what they are exposed to.. Some people have no idea what is quality and what isnt and no price isnt an indicator of quality just often for obvious reason they go hand in hand..

This discussion is a bit of a can o worms lol!!

Offline kathleenm

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2012, 12:13:57 am »
hey peeps.  :)
my gl did a whole lot of research on this and the stuff she found puts all us consultans at ease. 8)
no scales.
speed only goes to 7000 not 10200
heating is to high at 140
the company in banned in europe after a law suite from vorwerk in germany in regards to the steamer and heating elements.
they have had countless recalls of products
the warrenty is with target not the company that makes it
the case is made of cheap and nasty plastic
and if anything goes wrong with it theres no service for it.

basicly you get what you pay for and it $260 dollars of cheap nock off technology. :-\

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2012, 12:31:58 am »
Hi kathleenm!  Well, that kind of sums it up . . thank you for posting this all in a nutshell - and thanks to your GL, too  I'm sorry, but until China lifts its game and puts  much needed quality control in ALL their products (you should see a forum on Amazon about M-I-C products - from nuts and bolts to everything else)- nasty cheap and fall-apart stuff. - sorry Just can't find the link right now)  I try to steer as clear as possible.  Strangely enough, anything out of Germany seemed pretty good to me . .. and then along came TMX!!  (Well, at least my awareness of it. . . ;D) You do, in most cases, get what you pay for . . . . . .  .

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2012, 12:36:52 am »
Frozzie, I totally agree with you.

You get what you pay for.
So many people want the best product for a fraction of the price.
Maybee people with buy the bellini, take it back and save for a TMX.

Robyn

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2012, 02:34:28 am »
I had a look in Target this morning, there were 3 there.

All the boxes had been opened and resealed with sticky tape.  There was a sign saying there weren't any recipe books in the boxes but recipes can be found on line or will be available at a later date.

Sounds like TM have demanded their recipes to be removed and so Target have been ordered to remove the books from every box.
Just my assumption though.