Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198342 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2012, 05:12:42 am »
I too like the idea of purchasing one for holidays. Our holiday home is about 7 hours drive away, so it would be nice to tansport a cheap one. DH  worries someone will steal my TM in a holiday house :o

So its worth a thought, see how the reviews go etc.

H :)

Since my last post I am more interested to hear how it goes, just been tossing it in my mind.

If i could take it on holidays without the worry of damagaing my TM i think I woud buy one, or if HO offered your 2nd TM at half price :o :o, that would stop a lot of TM owners purchasing this imitation as their "holiday machine".
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:38:32 am by Hally »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 05:14:26 am »
didnt have any at my local target...wonder if TM HQ here in perth sent undercover agents in to buy up all existing machines

i have been having a think about it though and TM promotes 'get a thermomix and cook healthy food for your family' as one of the major selling points...so really when you think about it having a cheaper machine might possibly encourage those families who cannot no way afford a real TM to get this one and  be able to now cook more healthy food...so really TM cant complain!! as its just meaning more kids and families having more healthy food!! just what TM want!!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:40 am »
they are $399 today, and go on special tomorrow. Shop near me had 12, and the girl said they were going to see how they went. They knew nothing much about them other than they were the cheaper concept of the TM without all the 000's
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 06:42:26 am »
Since there seems to be a lot of interest in it I am waiting to read some of the reviews post purchase. I read some of the reviews for other Bellini products like oven and they are pretty scathing!

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 07:27:10 am »
My daughter is going to buy one today.  I hope to hear from her tonight to see if she got it.
She has 4 kids and works two jobs.  This would be a god-send for her to save time.
I like the suction feet.  Now that is a great idea.

But it doesn't have scales???

I hope to soon have a bit of feed back on what she thinks of it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:30:00 am by RosieB »
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 07:41:53 am »
Rosie B she might want to wait until tomorrow and save $130. Today $399. Tomorrow $269. I think they will be walking off the shelves. Perhaps she can reserve hers. The blades are pretty inferior but who knows. It will still be a very handy appliance.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 08:01:49 am »
Rosie B she might want to wait until tomorrow and save $130. Today $399. Tomorrow $269. I think they will be walking off the shelves. Perhaps she can reserve hers. The blades are pretty inferior but who knows. It will still be a very handy appliance.
Gert

Thanks Gert.
I think she knew it was going to be on special so she wouldn't buy until it is.  But I will check with her.
I do know every $ matters to her so pretty sure she will get it right.  She lives quite a distance from the nearest Target so all would be done online or by phone.
I recently gave her a mix master that cost about the same amount.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:41 am »
Thanks for all this info, everyone. While I can't believe the brazen copying of recipes, and personally I am glad I got a tmx before any other options were available as I wonder if we would have gone with a cheaper option only to end up purchasing a tmx anyway . . .  I would consider buying one for my daughter who is at university.  She has gained alot of weight since leaving home and her mum's healthy cooking and I often lament that I can't afford a tmx for her.  She is only cooking for one or two and if the machine only lasted a year or two, but she managed to eat more healthfully in that time it would be well worth the money, I think.  I'm sure Target Country wouldn't stock it else I would be sorely tempted to go right now and buy one!  Will wait for reviews with interest.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 08:39:44 am »
My only concern would be the quality of the plastic and stainless steel as you are cooking / heating in it. I was having a contemplation... thinking that it would be good for when I am cooking all my sauces etc that take 45 min to an hour to cook and tie up my TMX when I just want to be getting on and cooking  :o :o I don't think I could buy it because of that concern ... will have to wait for a second TMX  :'( :'(

This is my concern too but you get what you pay for.  In any case the thx is the ONLY machine on the market with a carbon motor or whatever it is called so doesnt wear out and the surgical grade steel etc etc.. I get there are alot of people who cant afford the thx but with payment plan options i would prefer to pay off a thx than buy an imitation that wont last anyway...these knock off machines dont invest in researching high quality materials but just use whatever passes manufacturing laws/guidelines.  Have you noticed more and more that its harder to find on a box or in a booklet what an item is made out of..

Another point is yes it can be a pain to organise a demo and wait for it to be delivered but in most circumstances you can ask any questions you want and get n nswer plus they show you how to use the machine whereas if you bought it in a shop ok its quick and easy but after ???

People will always bork? At the price of high ed goods.. If people knew the cost of some cars or boats or even jewellery they would freak but thats human nature especially in todays market where everyone wants something for next o nothing hence all the chinese knockoffs..,
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:41 am »
Yes I guess it's the chicken feed version of a TM. I try more and more these days to pay a bit more to get better quality. And I make great use of product reviews that are available all over the Internet. It's always hard to buy something new when there are no reviews to go buy.  But time will tell, either they will be worth the money or more, or be another of these cheap throw away items once they stop working and are not worth fixing.
I hope to have my TM for 20 years, and I know that no matter what happens to it, it can be fixed and will be well worth fixing.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:08 am »
If you do not  think of it as a TMX mini me and consider it  an ordinary blender that cooks and steams then why ever not? You have to figure the mark up would be a minimum of 200%. The blades will work for as long as a normal blender say, and the heating element whatever so a  cheapie that may last a year. At say $270  it is costing only roughly $5.00 a week. If you are lucky and it dies within the warranty then you will probably get a new one as it would not be worth their while to repair it. If it is recalled due to parts failing then you will get your money back.

All in all worth the risk. I think it will be a winner and Vorwerk  could  not care less about the Australian market. Very small change in their world. The only people concerned would be Australian head office I should think and of course the consultants.  Do not be surprised if we see some new members with very negative reviews of the Bellini on the forum. LOL!

It used to be a joke that some  appliances would last a year and a day. Hopefully the Bellini  will last 364 days and you can still claim on the warranty. If it lasts a lot longer then great. Yippee!

We lovers of our Thermomix have no need to sneer at this machine. Maybe Tenina will bring this one, the TMX , the Hotmix Pro and the ThermoChef  to her classes one day and we can all be the judge. She should get right on to that. Maybe they would give her some machines for free to test! That would be roo funny.

I am sure Helene's Super Spatulas and wonderful brushes  would work well in all of them as well. May as well support those who support  us.  All the recipes are easily interchangeable so long as they are not translated by robot translators.

With over 6,000 members  all informing , sharing and helping each other we can be generous to those who may aspire to the overpriced  Thermomix  and wish them well with their not so wonderful but  definitely useful machines. Horses or courses I say.

It is gunna get interesting.

Gretchen

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:54:22 am by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2012, 09:39:02 am »
I currently have three of them sitting on my bench at home and am greatly resisting the urge to bring a fourth toy home from Target tomorrow.  I'm not allowed to head into work tomorrow (actually I could but I'm not being encouraged to :) ) as I believe a gentleman from Hotmixpro is coming in to see us.  My husband is just no fun at times :P.  I am looking forward to seeing the reviews of the Bellini machine although I suspect they are not going to be overly favourable....I was pleasantly surprised by the Thermochef however so you just never know.

Back to making bread and hommus....gotta have something for the fussy female teenager to eat for breakfast....why can't she just eat weetbix like a normal kid!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:06 am »
I currently have three of them sitting on my bench at home and am greatly resisting the urge to bring a fourth toy home from Target tomorrow.  I'm not allowed to head into work tomorrow (actually I could but I'm not being encouraged to :) ) as I believe a gentleman from Hotmixpro is coming in to see us.  My husband is just no fun at times :P.  I am looking forward to seeing the reviews of the Bellini machine although I suspect they are not going to be overly favourable....I was pleasantly surprised by the Thermochef however so you just never know.

Back to making bread and hommus....gotta have something for the fussy female teenager to eat for breakfast....why can't she just eat weetbix like a normal kid!

Oh boy stacelee, we can't wait to see your report.  BTW none of my kids ate weetbix, a most disgusting product. Yuk!

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2012, 10:04:24 am »
Gretchen you have indeed been a super sleuth. I'm hoping to go to Target to see one tomorrow. My DH is keen to see one. He calls it a Chinermix.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/