Author Topic: Quinoa and Brown Rice Porridge Review -What's for Breakfast  (Read 4493 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Quinoa and Brown Rice Porridge Review -What's for Breakfast
« on: August 15, 2014, 12:21:47 pm »
After having this at a trendy cafe last week I was determined to try it at home, and wouldn't you know I already had the recipe (thanks Tenina).

This is a really yummy breakfast, it kept DD and I full until lunch but didn't feel too full IYKWIM. As you can see from the photo, I served it with coconut and pistachos and some honey and honeycomb. This is easily the best quinoa porridge (dare I say dish) I've made to date. I'll certainly make again.
-don't forget to leave the quinoa and rice in a bowl of water to soak overnight (to save you looking this up now, it's 75g of both)
Linked CC
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:30:32 pm by Cornish Cream »
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quinoa and Brown Rice Porridge Review -What's for Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:25:01 pm »
I have been meaning to make this. Perhaps I should plan to have it for lunch.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quinoa and Brown Rice Porridge Review -What's for Breakfast
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 09:48:51 am »
I thought I would try this recipe as I had all the ingredients in my larder and it would be healthy.I was expecting the texture to be something like Rice Pudding but mine turned out stodgy.I did add fruit compote to my serving to add the sweetness which it needed.It was okay. Probably the first Tenina recipe I wouldn't make again.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.