Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6127855 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14415 on: May 14, 2014, 09:45:01 am »
That sounds great Judy, what do probus do?
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: May 14, 2014, 09:54:32 am »
Funny you should ask Denise.  I told my DD in Melbourne in an email and they googled it to make sure I wasn't joining a sect  :D :D

It was set up by Rotary for retired business people initially but the rules have been relaxed and now any retiree can join.  They have mixed clubs and ladies only clubs, this is ladies only.  The ladies said today in the mixed clubs the guys want to run everything LOL.
There are no sausage sizzles or fund raising events, it's all about meeting once a month and having speakers, outings etc.  This group have theatre nights and what I like about that is that they hire a private bus and you are picked up and delivered right back to your front door, can't beat that. 

I just thought it might be a bit of fun and it would be nice to go places again with a group of women as I did when I was in the carers' club.  A few of the ladies meet once a month as well just for a coffee and a laugh. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14417 on: May 14, 2014, 11:23:29 am »
Sounds great Judy!

Busy at work today. But DH came home :) soccer training for E this afternoon.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: May 14, 2014, 11:38:49 am »
The ladies said today in the mixed clubs the guys want to run everything LOL.
LOL  :D :D :D :D :D
It sounds a great club Judy :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: May 14, 2014, 11:53:40 am »
Have fun Judy. It is nice that your family were checking up on Probus.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: May 14, 2014, 12:09:50 pm »
I thought it was hilarious Cookie (so did the ladies when I told them today) but I guess being in their 40's, they aren't likely to have heard about it before.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: May 14, 2014, 10:49:59 pm »
Today I'm trying to catch up with some washing (the poor clothes dryer is getting a workout, unfortunately) and some cleaning.  Still have paperwork to do, but the state of the house needs some attention!

DS is starting Keas tonight (Junior Scouts - think they are called Joeys in Aus??) which should be a new challenge for him.  I'm hoping I can get DH to get involved too since I have already been sucked into sports coaching and being on the kindy committee, and helping the PTA with events at school!  Must be Daddy's turn.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: May 14, 2014, 11:20:13 pm »
JO they always get the busy Mums on everything.

we have soccer all weekend, 5 games..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: May 14, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »
Jo - Scouts is definitely a Dad's thing! (In this house it is!!) Your son will love it I am sure. My girls both started in Joey's and have had a ball over the years.

Miss 12 is off to Sri Lanka later this year with Scouts, an experience we couldn't let her miss out on. I am rather jealous to be honest!

Sounds like fun Judy, be nice to get out and about and meet new people.

Good to hear your BIL is on the mend Cookie.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: May 15, 2014, 12:16:22 am »
Wow, maybe I should get involved if it means future trips to Sri Lanka! ;)  But seriously, a good chance to practice saying NO - I need to do it more often.

A soccer weekend for DS here too Obbie - festival day on Saturday so 4 mini games (12 mins, no half-time), and then a tournament on Sunday with 5 25-min games. 
DD is theoretically playing soccer this season too, but we just go and kick the ball along the sidelines really - she won't get on the field!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: May 15, 2014, 02:23:50 am »
Jo you will find (if you haven't already) that it is the same parents/people who do things from Kindy through to clubs you join in retirement. eg Probus and car clubs. At least you get to know people  really well as you meet them everywhere.
Some people are too shy to join in and others won't.
Mini rant completed. :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: May 15, 2014, 03:12:32 am »
Jo my DS has 2 games on Saturday, 3 on Sunday for the rep team, he just got on..

lots of driving this weekend to get him there :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14427 on: May 15, 2014, 05:25:55 am »
busy organising Lilys Frozen birthday party sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself especially after last year's high tea party oh well I'll survive I just hope it works out the way I have it pictured in my head :o

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: May 15, 2014, 05:28:26 am »
I've just worked out what a frozen birthday party was Suzanne. I pictured you eating frozen food LOL
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:51:24 am by judydawn »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: May 15, 2014, 05:35:09 am »
Had the same first impression that you did, Judy.  Had a look at this site . . scrolled down a bit and there's a 3 tier birthday cake that the child's father made her from scratch . . . .  :o :o :o

http://moms.popsugar.com/Disney-Frozen-Birthday-Party-Ideas-34016593#photo-34016611

Suzanne - I think that's a fabulous theme!!  You'll have a ball putting it all together!!  Will certainly look forward to some photos later if possible!! :-*