Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6145359 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5565 on: December 18, 2012, 01:56:43 am »
OOH scary, I had no internet this morning for 2 hours :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: December 18, 2012, 02:53:16 am »
Gee I bet you got a lot of work done then! It hit me in the shops today that I really need to start thinking about buying some presents. It's a shame that work gets in the way of my thoughts.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: December 18, 2012, 03:08:15 am »
ours are all done and wrapped.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: December 18, 2012, 03:52:07 am »
I haven't been on much in the last few days, too many Xmas parties! So now trying to catch up. So sorry to hear about your loss Amy, now I know why your avatar has changed. And congratulations astarra, that is wonderful news! The circle of life....
Today just the usual, washing, shopping, cooking. The house is a complete mess since I've hardly been home lately to clean but no energy to do it today - bad hay fever & a sore neck. Excited though because yesterday was my last day in the office until 7th Jan! I'm working from home Thursday & Friday and then on holidays, can't wait!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: December 18, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »
JD, hope the grandies quit fighting.
I remember vividly when my brother and I were at my Grandma's and we fought, she would bang our heads together.   :o Needless to say it was a pretty good way of stopping us from fighting - we were nearly out cold! Do recall the stars floating around my head on more than one occasion...we were slow learners!
My brother fondly  ??? tells Grandma that she had "healing hands". His brain must have rattled more than mine as I don't remember her hands being very healing!
Hope you don't do that to your grandies JD!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: December 18, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »
 :o :o :o Nikkit!!

Busy busy day ahead here, school party at 11am (take a plate), school slide show of photos of the year at 2.20pm, cooking, washing, dishes, sorting all the girls stuff back into their drawers from at Grandma's, tidying, (but no vacuuming - DH told me he will do it when he gets home  :-* :-*) Lunch and tea, library visit to fit in somewhere, also meant to be sorting out my cookbook cupboard a bit more...(all my foodie mags mostly)  :D
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: December 18, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »
No Nikkit, I suffered enough abuse as a child at school to never inflict that on my grand-kids.  I was only telling the kids yesterday what my primary school teacher used to do with us when we talked in class or played up although I wouldn't have thought we would have played up much once we got to know her punishment regime.  Pulling kids up out of their seats by their ponytails and dragging them to the front of the class.  Lining us naughty ones up at the front of the class facing the blackboard then hitting us with a cane on the legs or have us facing the front of the class with our hands out and whacking them with the cane.  Invariably I pulled my hand away before she hit me but then that would make her even madder and the loose skin under her chin would wobble like a turkey as she fought to hit me somewhere.  She would be in jail today for what she did to us youngsters.  The children listened with eyes wide open, they couldn't believe it.

Their Mum sent them down with a gingerbread popcake making kit - what a nightmare that was and she would have been so glad she did send it down if she knew how long and messy it was going to be.  Also came with waterbombs which the eldest filled but I had to tie off for them - still pieces of coloured rubber all around the pergola area.  We also made honey joys - that was the easiest thing all day.

At the end of the day I found this note on my bedside table from GD - made the hectic day so worthwhile.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: December 18, 2012, 11:14:35 pm »
These certainly are the moments that make it all worthwhile Judy  :)

What lovely thoughtful children   ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: December 18, 2012, 11:24:31 pm »
That note is lovely Judy and I'm sure it bought  a smile to your face after such a tiring day.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: December 18, 2012, 11:36:37 pm »
Oh JD what a horrible school life you had (you sound like you were a bit naughty  :D :D) that teacher would never get away with that today

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: December 19, 2012, 01:22:57 am »
Great note Judy. :)

I remember the boys got the cane, the girls got the ruler in class.  That was about grade 3-4 for me.

[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: December 19, 2012, 02:23:05 am »
Bet that note bought a tear to your eye. I love all the hand made cards and stuff the kids used to do... (Just had to go to my bedside table and have a look to remind me of how gorgeous they are)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: December 19, 2012, 03:20:19 am »
Been doing household chores >:(

Did make robyns cookies n cream fudge.

Off to physio now, last appt for the year I hope.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: December 19, 2012, 03:22:38 am »
JD that is priceless thanks for sharing, I have been gathering everything for tomorrow, GD's coming over for Xmas Gingerbread House making and decorating.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: December 19, 2012, 03:31:43 am »
Lovely note JD, something to treasure  :)

Marie