Author Topic: Getting my TM this w/e - suggestions for raw healthy recipes (green smoothies)?  (Read 6144 times)

Offline RawMegaMeg

• GoGreenwithTM
    • View Profile
Hi,
I get my long awaited T M delivered by my gorgeous demonstrator Bronwyn this weekend!!!
Do you remember how excited you were awaiting your TM delivery?
I hope it lives up to my and my family expectations.
I'm hoping to get back to Raw Energy and wondered if anyone has any Green Smoothie recipes (is banana essential?).
I'm also looking forward to hearing if you have any budget health recipes (is the Budget cookbook useful?) - I heard you can make your own LSA, etc?
I'm just getting adult whooping cough (3 weeks in bed - get your boosters) and am looking to boost and kickstart my immune system with the TM.
Yours in health
X Meg (my first post)
 :-*

I have my Thermomix!!! - Here's my first smoothie recipe:

Flax Seeds
2 bananas
Frozen berries
Barley Grass
handful baby Spinach
Juice of one orange
1 cup ice cubes
Chia Seeds

(1.3 minutes - no. 8)

It came out as a beautiful purple/green colour and was delicious!!!
I'll try it tomorrow with LSA for breakfast

Let's know if you have any suggestions to add/modify this :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:34:53 am by RawMegaMeg »
RawMegaMeg

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Welcome to the forum Meg :) I remember the excitement  ;D and I am lucky enough to see it every time I deliver a TM!
I make my own LSA but it is a CLSA chia blend. 30g almonds,30g sunflower kernels, 30g linseeds, 10g chia bran and 20g chia seeds.
Blend on speed 8 for 4-6 seconds. That's it :)
Enjoy your TM I am sure you will love it
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome to the forum Meg.Sorry to hear that you are getting over adult whooping cough but it sounds that getting your TM this weekend has brightened your recovery.Have a great time cooking those immune boosting foods. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Hi Meg and welcome - I don't think any of us has forgotten the anticipation and excitement whilst we were waiting for our TMXs to be delivered!  I don't know what it is about this machine, but it certainly gets a hold of you and you simply can't let it go.  When I got my TMX last year I hadn't discovered this forum so was surprised to see that I was typical of an expectant owner once I started reading the posts here.

Recently my computer crashed and I lost all of my contacts, but I know that there is a TMX owner, possibly she is a consultant, and I think somewhere here in the Melbourne area who is very much into raw foods, green smoothies, etc.  Unfortunately I cannot even remember her name but you should find her if you do a bit of googling - I wish I could give you more exact details, but I think you should track her down with a bit of patience.  She had her own blog and was very enthusiastic about her food, diet, etc.  Our 'own' Quirky Jo's blog would also be an excellent place to look for good, sensible, down to earth recipes and support.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Aww, thanks Cuilidh  :-* :-* :-*

Welcome RawMeg!  :)

Lana Purcell is THE green smoothie Thermomixing lady! And there's lots of green smoothie recipes on the net - and have you seen this recipe for a 'green' sorbet called Raspgremold? It's yummy! :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Hello Meg,
Here is one of my all time favourite green juices. It is a good "start your day" for body and mind.  I know that mixing fruit with veggies sounds not so nice but I urge you to give this one a go. I love it! ;D
Dot

Wake up Smoothie

Makes 1 + 1/2 8oz glasses.

1 stick    celery   
¼    cucumber   
3    apples   
2 rings    pineapple   
½    avocado   
½    lime   

I tend to put everything except the avocado through a juicer to obtain a smoother, thinner texture. I suppose that you can blend all the ingredients in the Thermomix  instead and pass them through a seive if you prefer. I then drop the avocado on to the running knives. at Turbo and add the mixed juices on speed 8 for 30 secs.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi Meg, welcome to the forum. Tebasile's blog might be an interesting one for you to have a look at too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome Meg. You poor thing with your whooping cough. I believe it is horrid. Definitely should have those boosters. Friends who are grandparents were instructed 'if you don't have a booster the grand kids won't be visiting!.' Fair enough as 2 of the grand kids are new borns.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline RawMegaMeg

• GoGreenwithTM
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,
Wow what a response!!
So great to see everyone's enthusiasm and support here - thanks.
I haven't worked out how to respond to each response yet - so I'll thank you here.
Love all of the smoothie, juice and sorbet recipes, plus contact and blog tips. Can't wait to try them.
Yes, feeling brighter by the minute in anticipation of getting the TM.
Yes WCough isn't fun and we thought we would avoid it as my 8 year old had been immunized (as I had 40 years ago). Fortunately my daughter only got a mild dose over Easter but then I caught it and have been sick ever since (normally extremely fit and healthy). But definitely better than I was. So, yes, as cookie1 has said (ESP for Grandparents or people my age) - get those boosters just in case.
Anyway, raw, fresh, comforting, creative  or all of the other options - the TM is an inspiration for creating healthy family meals.
Thanks for the welcome everyone,
 :D :D :D
RawMegaMeg

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
The person Cuilidh was referring to is Kristine Miles.  She is a TM demonstrator (amongst other things!) at Phillip Island in Victoria & she is a green smoothie expert.  In fact she's writing a book on them.  You can find out more here:

http://greensmoothiecommunity.com/

Enjoy!!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Oh, thanks for that info Janee! I hadn't seen her site. :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
Yes, I thought you might like it Jo!  You've probably found her original site - but if not it's:

www.squidoo.com/greensmoothies

She's really inspired me to have a go at some more smoothie making.  After attending some of the David Wolfe seminar & feeling like cr@p because I've been working too hard & not planning my meals well enough I thought I might also cut out some meat, wheat, & coffee & see what difference it makes.  Coupled with the stuff around about live animal exports & a FB friend mentionning a movie called "Earthlings"..........pressure is on to increase my meat-less days.

So here I sit following Lentil Moussaka from Full Steam Ahead & Apple Crumble from MWOC (& cream - I made no promises about dairy as I don't do much of that now) & I'm rolling around on the couch as I'm so full.

Anyway - am taking this thread in a whole different direction - maybe I'd better go & do a recipe evaluation/commentry (can't remember what we call them!!!!!!!)