Author Topic: Varoma demo help please!  (Read 5920 times)

Offline elelvee

• View Profile
Varoma demo help please!
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:01:32 pm »
My varoma demo is next week and I've gone gluten and dairy free since my first demo. Any suggestions for tweaking the menu?

Also - am I supposed to have guests for the demo? The only people I can think of who are available when I'm having it. already have tmxs...

Thanks.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
Re: Varoma demo help please!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:49 pm »
Don't you think you should be talking to your consultant about it on both counts?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:45:06 pm »
Eleleve if it is booked as a varoma demo then yes you need three guests that are non owners to qualify for rewards. If you can't do that I would talk to your consultant ASAP.

Tweaking the menu hmm might need Jo for this one. We had a discussion amongst our team the other day for a replacement for the couscous in the salad, it was suggested to try quinoa,

The steamed coconut puddings I am sure you would be able to use a gluten free replacement for the flour. Are you ok with coconut milk?

The pizza might be a bit tricky, depending on your consultant. There are options around for GF

Same as the dip, you could leave out the parmesan and add something else for some more flavour...

otherwise the recipes are not too bad for you  :)

I am sure Jo will have some answers when she sees this post

Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline elelvee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:01:47 pm »
Sent an email to my consultant before I asked here - I'm a little impatient.  ;)

I did ask my consultant when we booked the appt about the guests, but can't remember what she said (insistent child underfoot and not expecting to have to name a date and time there and then). Then life happens and I didn't think about it till I got the reminder email tonight. I'm not really into the tmx system of selling. I think it's better than some I've seen but still, people can't help but feel pressured. I don't like inviting others if they in any way feel that it would help me out because that is the same as 'pressure to buy' as far as I'm concerned. No guests = no rewards is fine by me.

I am thinking maybe I should reschedule though to make sure the food doesn't go to waste.

Will still be interested in gluten and dairy free options. (Quirky Jo's recipe's have been having a workout here the last few days/weeks.)

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 02:09:38 pm »
I've never had problems inviting guests to my demos, and I've had a fair few. As long as I invite 3 people who don't have a tm, everything's cool. In fact, I find I have people asking me to invite them and friends asking if they can bring friends. My consultant is very relaxed about it all and there is absolutely no pressure on anyone. It's just a nice lunch or dinner where everyone can see what the tm does.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 07:15:56 am »
The lemon puddings do have a gluten free option in the demo recipe card - you replace the flour with milled almonds and coconut. It turns out real yummy!  ;)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 07:51:29 am »
I think if you invited people who dont have thermomixes and tell them no obligation to buy and that it would be doing you a favour to get your rewards etc most people dont mind..ther thermomix sells itself anyway..my last demo one of my neighbours bought it and i had no idea she was even interested..dont think she was beforehand..in any case dont think its pressure unless you have a pushy consultant and not many people are going to feel pressured to spend that much money..either they want to or not!  As long as they arent ambushed i dont see the problem..i always tell guests that its so i can get my books lol as thats the incentive over here..one or two books for three guests without a thermomix!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:56 am »
Jo's (Quirky cooking) Gluten free pizza base. It would take longer to mill all the different things in it but you could do that before hand and add wet ingredients at the demo.  ;)

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 11:29:22 am »
I recently did a dairy free, gluten free, yeast free varoma demo.  The pizza was the hardest challenge.  I found an interesting recipe for that.  You can buy wheat free cous cous (either rice or spelt) - which is pretty expensive but my host purchased the packet off me.  I used sheep pecorino for the parmesan for the dip, coconut cream instead of egg white in the fruity dream.  The coconut puddings have a GF option in the recipe cards.....think that was it!!

GF/DF/EF Pizza base:
85g basmati rice
85g brown rice
55g millet
35g tapioca

Mill these together for 1.5 mins

Add 2tsp baking powder
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Then add 2tbsp Olive oil &
1.5 cups sparkling water (bet you didn't expect that!!)

This will make a couple of bases so make sure you don't spread them too thick (which I did).

Hope this helps

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 11:48:08 am »
Janeezee what do you do to combining the last few ingredients??
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 11:51:55 am »
Hi, just saw this Elelvee :)

I've done a gluten free, dairy free varoma demo - it's not too hard :)

If your consultant needs help with it, I definitely recommend my gf pizza base - just grind everything beforehand, no need to do it there. It's quick and easy and yummy! :) Also the almond-coconut option for the steamed cakes, and just use either Nuttelex instead of butter, or could try coconut oil.

I leave the parmesan out of the dip - it's fine without it - just add a little herb salt, or if you like, a tablespoon or so of nutritional yeast flakes.

With the couscous, you can just leave it out (my JBM always does, she likes it better without), or have pre-soaked quinoa ready to go - best if soaked for a few hours. The millet couscous is okay, but takes longer to cook and I didn't find it worked too well. Is that what you used JaneeZee? I guess if you soaked it for a few hours it might steam  in time, not sure.

I think it's worth getting a few friends over for this demo - I always find they're blown away by the food, and just love it, and are glad they came even if just for a good feed!!!  :D Lol  Just tell them they'll get a free meal, and there's no pressure to buy!! :)

Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 01:03:09 pm »
me too re last paragraph  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »
Totally off topic, but I love the new avatar Jo.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »
Megan, I just added them into the TM bowl & did about 15-20 secs on speed 3 to combine everything. 
Then you simply spread it onto a glad bake covered pizza pan.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 06:13:12 am »
Thanks Cookie - I'm not closing my eyes in this one!  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.