Author Topic: Should I become a consultant?  (Read 116943 times)

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
Re: Should I become a consultant?
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 05:28:47 am »
She's in a capital city. I don't doubt what you say, but there are a lot of consultants who seem to not last the distance, and I'm sure they would have show enthusiasm for the tm from the start. The lady I have as my consultant now is wonderful, but a few of my friends who have tms have lost their consultants (as did I) straight after the purchase. I'm sure that being a consultant isn't that easy for most of them otherwise there wouldn't be a continual drive to recruit consultants.

They should do a poll on this forum asking the members who still has their orginal consultant, has a new one and who is without one because their consultant went missing. I don't think I'd be surprised with the results if they show that most people are without their original consultant and/or are without a consultant. I think that's part of the reason why this forum is so successful - we found our own solution because so many were abandoned and left to fend for ourselves. I'm very happy with the consultant I have now, but I was in the wilderness for a good number of months until I found her.

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2011, 02:41:39 pm »
I have now finished my 60 day Initial training. I've really enjoyed it. I pleased I decided to give it a go. The honesty and the feedback provided by everyone who posted on this thread has kept me focused and enthused and allowed me to clarify my goals from being a consultant. Thank you. Maybe this thread will also help others if facing a similar decision.

To recap on my last 60 days since becoming a consultant.

The group of consultants in my area are great and we all get on. We are mostly like minded and enjoy experimenting with the TM. I love the training/meeting nights where people just cook up either something new out of a cookbook or something they've developed and we eat whilst discussing strategies for the next couple of weeks.

I've had no problems getting demonstrations and I haven't had to use too many of my friends to host demonstrations for me yet. I might make use of them later if things go quiet for a while. I've been able to sell a few machines as well so financially it has paid off. I haven't done a net profit statement yet so I'm not sure how much better off I am. I've been able to stick by my initial intentions and not make it about the money. It was hard at first and I grappled with do I push to get that last sale so I can get another incentive. I'm proud to say I didn't and I keep coming back to why I love doing this (mainly from the discussions on this post). I'm optimistic that I can maintain this focus.

I've done a couple of Expo's at the local shopping centre and I enjoyed trying out new recipes and giving out a few samples to see how they compared to the processed products. The milo was a huge hit and although we don't usually stock Milo it was a question raised at a demo and so I just had to try it.

I enjoy the demonstrations, but most of all I love delivering the Thermomix to new customers. They are so enthusiastic. I keep in touch with them to see what they've been cooking and they often inspire me to try some new things. I have a couple who will text me or email me with what they've been up to, especially if they weren't too adventurous with their cooking before.

So - in short. I'm happy I took the plunge. I gave myself 6 months to see how it goes. If the first 2 are any indication I'll be doing it well past 6 months. Maybe I'll report back in 6 months time.

Sue from North Queensland

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2011, 03:18:44 pm »
Thanks for popping back in to let us know where you are at at the moment Sue.  So happy for you that everything is going along nicely and you are not disappointed you became a consultant.  Good luck in the future.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2011, 04:57:06 pm »
Congratulations Sue on completing your training and that you are truly loving what you do.Hope you have lots of sales for or all your hard work. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2011, 12:00:29 am »
That's great things are going well, Sue! I still love it after 2 years :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2011, 02:53:33 am »
Love the new avatar QJ.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2011, 05:26:11 am »
Thanks JD :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2011, 07:13:43 am »
congrats sue on the completion of your training and glad its going well..im sure it will only get better  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »
  I wonder how the average thermomix consultants yearly income would compare with other consultants - perhaps Tupperware?
when i did TW my party average was over $900 and i did 1-3 parties a week. with thermomix i sold one in 3-4 months and was lucky to get 3 demos LOL

Was that weekly Karen? My average is one TM a week.
my weekly sales were generally around say 700 - 2500 in sales. my biggest party was $1700 in sales (with 4 party bookings)  i think commission was around 20% or so, i forget, but was more than tmx
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »
congrats Sue, glad it is going well!!!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2011, 03:12:22 pm »
Well done Sue. Glad you're taking your own path & enjoying the journey. ;)

Offline TM_Ted

• Ted is from Woodville in Sth Aust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2011, 12:00:33 am »
I am where Sue_H was on 17th Jan.

I am male, mature and look a bit like Iain Hewittson without the hair and the mo. I have several people encouraging me to be a consultant.

I am booked in to an Open Day today, Thursday 5th May where all my questions about becoming a TMix consultant should be answered. After reading Sue_H’s post and the following threads I really only have one question – “Are there any males involved in this business”?

We have had a TM31 since October 2010. Most of our cooking is straight out of the EDC but we do experiment a lot using hints and tips we find on the forum and from other recipe sources.

During a dinner party on Good Friday, I demonstrated our machine to a guest by showing how to cook Thai Red Curry. She is waiting to be my first customer.
Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 12:16:14 am »
There is definitely one male GL here in Melbourne, so you won't be alone in the gender stakes!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline TM_Ted

• Ted is from Woodville in Sth Aust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2011, 05:01:38 am »
I believe there are about 20 in Australia, 4 of which are in Adelaide. Today I did my bit in increasing those numbers. Let's see if I can get through the next 90 days.
Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 05:31:07 am »
good luck ted and im sure you will get through them fine  :)

also I have noticed more and more male consultants in my local area of France and im sure its the same in oz...the numbers are increasing!!  good luck with it all  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/