Author Topic: need help  (Read 21970 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 03:14:01 am »
I love magnetic signs.
I have them on 2 of our utes, and they work for our business.
Our utes are always on the road, so mobile advertising on wheels.

I am also amazed at how many coffee shops  don't have a Thermomix, It would save thousands in wages.

Wishing you good luck.

Robyn :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 03:05:52 am »
The magnetic signs are great. We have a see thru sticker on our back window of the car and it is amazing how many people take notice of it sitting in car parks, driving along and parked at my sons school.
Perhaps put an ad in the local paper targeting mums to be and brides to be. Thermomixes make great wedding and baby shower presents. See if you can get a spot at a wedding expo or ask your local baby shop if you can put an ad in their window.
Good luck
DG xxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

mcmich

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 10:03:50 pm »
The magnetic signs are great. We have a see thru sticker on our back window of the car and it is amazing how many people take notice of it sitting in car parks, driving along and parked at my sons school.
Perhaps put an ad in the local paper targeting mums to be and brides to be. Thermomixes make great wedding and baby shower presents. See if you can get a spot at a wedding expo or ask your local baby shop if you can put an ad in their window.
Good luck
DG xxx
That is such a great idea DG. A shower of one sort or another would be a wonderful platform for your business.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 03:26:58 am »
When DH first retired he started up a small handyman business. Just little jobs that no one wanted to do. He had magnetic signs on his ute and used to get so many calls when he was out on a job. He eventually gave it up after 12 months as he was working harder than he did when he was teaching. :P
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 04:37:02 am »
Good luck
DG xxx

Unfortunately consultants aren't allowed to advertise individually.  :( Expo's etc are done with the teams in the area that the expo or show is held. The magnetic signs are great, though you are only allowed to use the ones that HO have and can't put your own phone number on/with them. I'll stop now  ;)

Hang in there Kathleen because it does start on a roll, and the more demo's you do the more bookings you get and the more you talk to people the more they become interested etc. You are on the right path  :) :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 03:48:01 pm »
Hi Kathleen
I really understand what you are going through but I congratulate you on understanding that booking of demos is the hardest part of the job. When I first started I invited people to my own home - I fixed a couple of dates and times wrote lists and invited friends "so I could practise the demo", then asked if they would bring someone I didn't know as that would make it better practise. The result was quite a few early sales to people who came to a demo not intending to buy at all but were so impressed that they bought. Those same customers still have demos and invite more friends. I always say I am just a demonstrator and the machine sells itself; if the person does not "get it" they will never buy.
Here in South Africa we are a very small team still with consultants being trained and then never selling so they drop out; the Thermomix is still relatively unknown here.
Good Luck! :)

Offline kathleenm

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 08:55:19 am »
well im stuck again  :'( got no demos and thermofest for next year has just been announced........ im not telling lol
 :'(its so hard at the mo lol had 3 people post pon and 1 lady who wont ansewr any mesg txt or email i send. plus not being able to advertise makes it harder thankfully my gl is very understanding and is tring to help by passing on referal to me but even they dont want a demo grrrr.  :( :(

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 09:11:08 am »
Glad to see you posting again KathleenM but sorry you're having trouble getting those demos into the diary.  Did you hear the new deals for July at the meeting where Thermofest13 was announced?  Take heart in a great deal like that for hosts and customers.  Make sure you know in your own mind what Thermomix is offering so you can explain it to other people.  Maybe take the time to produce a clear, concise letter to send out, then follow up with a phone call.  Don't take no as a knockback.  Have another read of your Consultant Manual and make one goal to focus on for July.  Eg call 2 people every day and ask to book a demo in July.  Then come back on July 1st and tell us how you are going.  :)  "Whether you can or think you can't, you're probably right."
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline CraftyMum

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 10:37:48 am »
Hi Kathleen,

Sorry to hear your struggles in getting the demos and sales for the Thermomix.  I imagine it can be a tough gig sometimes!! I thought I'd share my decision making process of buying my TMX to see if there's anything of use in it for you ...

It took me over 6 months of serious thinking to decide on buying a Thermomix.  I loved it from the first moment I saw it - probably 6 months before my first demo, but I just had to justify it in my own mind. Hubby said to buy it if I wanted to, but since I already had a mix-master, blender, stick blender, ice cream maker, soft serve ice cream maker, bread maker, cool mortar and pestle, awesome set of scales and juicer, as well as a steam oven in my kitchen, I couldn't really justify it it my own mind.  

The only thing I didn't have was a food processor ... and imagine my delight when I saw the Bellini at Target - for 1/10th of the price of a Thermomix :o :o  Of course I didn't expect it to match up to the TMX (and I do know you get what you pay for) but if I could get a food processor that could heat, that could be a good alternative ... right???  wrong!!!

I bought it, left it in the box for a week while reading reviews, made sure I had a good copy of my receipt, and then decided to open it and try it - knowing it could get my money back if there were any issues.  It made awesome beetroot salad and play dough, but that was about all  :)  My attempt at making custard resulted in burning, as did sauteeing.  There was vertical movement in the blades and liquids leaked out, and after not much use, there was some 'play' in the blades, so instead of being 90 degrees to each other, there was probably a 10% movement either way.  So, it was then I decided that it was going back to Target and I'd think again about the TMX.  

One thing that I did like was that each month I'd get an email from a consultant about the latest offer for purchases that month.  I think that could be enhanced if you were to include a recipe and a photo of the result - and the time it takes to prepare it!  I didn't get phone calls or text messages - and I think that would turn me off if I did get them.  

I made up my mind in my own time and although I love cooking and know I could do without a Thermomix, I am absolutely blown away with how much time it saves me in preparing fresh home cooked meals!  I have made so much in my first week of owning my machine, and I've had no failures (except for maybe one batch of yoghurt that could have been set a little more).  I know the cost is a huge barrier for some people, but it is truly worth it.  Unfortunately, it's not easy conveying this to prospective buyers - you need to SHOW them.

Find 'time-poor' people and demonstrate to them ... try mum's groups, day-care centres, kindy's, tuckshops, P&F groups, single parents groups

Find the people who would benefit from the allergies side of it ... approach health food stores and see if they'll let you advertise in their newsletters, do a demo for staff, get them to put on a demo for clients

Find the health conscious people - gyms, personal trainers, boot camps, triathlons

Find the ones who should be health conscious - health management centres in hospitals, maybe corporate businesses with staff who are likely to spend long hours at work, work social clubs,

You could work out a few recipes which focus on the best dishes for these groups of people, put on a free demo with samples, include a little take home pack with recipes and maybe samples. Perhaps try to get some people on board first to include some cross-marketing ideas with them ... eg, a welcome voucher from a Personal Trainer or gym to include in the gift bag for the new mum group or the ones who should be health conscious; a discount voucher from the health food store to give to the other groups.

I know it's all easier said than done, but once you exhaust your current circle of friends, perhaps it's easier to approach groups than individuals. Make sure you get their email addresses so you can send them a follow-up email, and then a monthly email.  For me, I loved getting the info while I was deciding.

Wow - this has gone on for a little longer than I had hoped.  These are just my thoughts and my process for making my decision - others may differ. Even if you get just a little bit out if it will be great.   Good Luck!  

Offline kathleenm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »
i booked a demo today for sunday and being i dont have much time im already stressing lol im a bit of a stress pot somtimes thank goddness for my fantastic bf ;D. shes booked for sunday cos its the first of july and she wants the new server. she borught last month from a consultant in sydney so she got a bread mat as a gift.

i have been around lol.

ive signed up to help out with a ronald mcdonald house dinner with my branch leader and a anz cooking class not sure wat it is lol but it may help.

i have tried parent groups but no luck.

when i first saw the tm i was blown away and now i dont know wat id do without it but before hand i was like no its too much and wont get used but i was sooooo wrong. and i tell people that because i am yet to meet someone who wants it then and there with out any second thourghts. 

im hoping that this demo will go somewhere booking wise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 08:32:14 am »
Best of luck.

mcmich

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 04:14:47 am »
Let us know how you get on Kathleen.

Offline kathleenm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 03:02:04 am »
well i didnt get any bookings  :(and im starting to think mayby im just not cut out to be a consultant. i sold a new 2.5L server but i dont get anything from that  :'( i have my first varoma demo coming up on the 17th and shes a lot of fun so im looking forward to that. otherwise im almost dead in the water and thermofest in hongkong is traveling in a speed boat away from me.  :(

ps i hate papper work lol

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 04:02:25 am »
Kathleen  do you think that possibly your feelings are coming across during your demos? I know it is very hard, but that may be a possibility. Keep trying.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 08:21:10 am »
Kathleen, you mentioned that you sold a 2.5L ThermoServer. How did you manage that? They're only available as a gift if someone buys.

I, too am struggling a bit. It's hard when you're in an area where no one owns a machine. Every single person who's seen it in my community is hesitating due to the cost.

I'm also 60kms from our main town, so demos there mean a 120km round trip and DH is complaining about kms being racked up in the car.
I had to postpone two demos I had booked this week because they're in a country town three hours from me and DH hit the roof!

I've actually pulled right back and have just done my follow up phone calls from demo participants and only email interested people each month with the incentives. If I start stressing about it, I think it will show. When I do demos and people are hesitating, I tell them to go home and think about it. I explain that some people wait 6 months before making a decision.

I guess I'm looking at the long term, not short term. Unfortunately, I only have two more weeks to get my third sale. If that doesn't happen, I won't be qualified. I'm not going to worry about it. What happens, happens...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand