Author Topic: Thin and crispy pizza dough  (Read 123149 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: Thin and crispy pizza dough
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2012, 03:01:25 am »
Hope you read this in time Hally - for us this recipe makes 2 bases for what I would call a medium sized pizza.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2012, 03:07:53 am »
Yes Karen havent started yet, its only 10am.

Was starving so made zaatar bread so not hungry anymore :) will be later though.

Freezing pizza cooked or uncooked? Which is best?

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2012, 03:20:05 am »
I've not done either - doesnt last that long in our house.  The commercial pizzas in the shops are frozen uncooked though, so I would give that a go, depending on what toppings you use, assuming they can be frozen and defrosted without going yukky.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2012, 03:26:30 am »
I just thought pizzas would be a quick thing to get out the freezer on returning from holiday. Defrost quickly & in oven.

Maybe I wont.

I must admit having for lunch, then probably dinner, left overs get taken for lunch for ds, i would say all gone here too.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2012, 06:15:20 am »
Made 1 pepperoni & capsicum, vanished in seconds. Was meant to be a snack & lunch later.
This pizza is cajun chicken & roasted pumpkin, with the excitement forgot to add the chopped parsley.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:22:57 am by Halex »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43:10 am »
Hally, I freeze mine cooked (not saying this is better but you never know how much you want to eat which is why I cook them first) and put them straight into the oven frozen to reheat.  Both methods work though as Karen said, the ones you buy in the shops aren't cooked first.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2012, 06:44:57 am »
Hally - this looks wonderful!  You dont need to risk divorce by buying an electric pizza maker  :D  You have got it all sorted already!
Karen in Adelaide

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2012, 06:55:45 am »
Was keen to try this dough this afternoon . .  dough worked perfectly but (mistake was mine) not quite done on the base - I took it out too early . . .

This was the topping I used . .  http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/2462/vegetarian-sweet-potato-red-lentil-pizza.aspx

It was different to anything we've tried on a pizza  but it worked really well and tasted terrific.  The only thing I did differently was  was adding two heaped teaspoons of veg stock to a cup of hot water to the sweet potato as it was cooking
 (omitted the eggplant as we didn't have any . .)

Did this in the oven which was already preheated thanks to a banana bread cooking away happily.  When it came out I just turned the oven up as far as it would go (doubt even then it was hot enough - it's a very old "I'll do it my way" kind of oven . . ;D  )

Really appreciate the dough recipe, Narelle - and this will be the one we use from now on . . . :D

I only made one pizza - the other half of the dough I've frozen for next time . .
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:28:58 am by goldfish »

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2012, 08:10:57 am »
Hally - this looks wonderful!  You dont need to risk divorce by buying an electric pizza maker  :D  You have got it all sorted already!

Yes & doing 2 more later. You can see how crispy it is, the edge crunched in our mouths. 9 mins for us.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2012, 08:59:29 am »
Another one, yumbo

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2012, 12:31:37 pm »
Love this recipe.  i doubled it and made 6 Pizzas.  Also found the Naan  recipe  made good base.

Hally,  these look great.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2012, 12:55:55 pm »
Love this recipe.  i doubled it and made 6 Pizzas.  Also found the Naan  recipe  made good base.

Hally,  these look great.

Thanks chookie, i think there is no need for a pizza machine, No Divorce her,  ;D my oven does agreat job & I can cook multiple ones :)

Always good to cook a few for hungy lads & kds.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2012, 04:15:21 am »
Just used this recipe for a cooking session with miss3. We made scrolls and pizza pockets, as well as pizzas. She is happy, I am happy....and the base recipe is GREAT!!!!  ;D
Thanx for posting it, Narelle.  :D
:D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2012, 05:41:12 am »
Pics added...
:D

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2012, 06:43:42 am »
All those pizzas look lovely. We use this recipe all the time for our pizzas, usually to make four individual pizzas so people (2 adults, 2 kids) can have their own toppings.

There usually isn't anything left to actually freeze :) (though last time I froze some dough as I made a double batch as o wasn't sure how much we'd need as we had guests over)

[pizza topped with minced beef, chicken cooked in tikka paste and not too much mozzarella but lashings of tomato sauce ]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:48:07 am by tarasis »
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net