Author Topic: Thin and crispy pizza dough  (Read 123225 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Thin and crispy pizza dough
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2012, 06:18:29 am »
I pre heat, but I roll the dough on the stones, easy.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2012, 10:51:16 am »
Thanks ladies, I am sure I read somewhere that they should go in cold- but i just find that they aire quite doughy and undercooked in the centre. BUT I do love a lot of topping too!

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2012, 10:53:52 am »
Mine were doughy and undercooked in the middle too, but last time I made them I reduced the topping amount slightly - especially the "wetter" toppings like the pizza sauce and pineapple and tomato.  Drier things like salami didn't seem to make such a difference.  Anyway - with less toppings they certainly crisped up better
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2012, 04:56:30 am »
I found if I brushed my pizza paddle with polenta before adding the base and then toppings, it would slide off into my pizza maker. Then cook great and quickly, and then was easy to remove. The polenta also helps to give a crisp base, and is tasty to boot.

Since having my pizza maker, I wouldn't bother with pizza in the oven again. Because the stone gets up to 300 deg, and has a top element, the (fresh) dough cooks in under 5 mins, which is time enough to cook the top without burning it. Then I add any green like rocket or basil or baby spinach after I take it out. The stone is also suppose to be a bit like a wok, it gets seasoned e more that's cooked on it, so no need to try and clean or wash... Just scrape and use again. Also perfect to re heat pizza. Comes out almost like a freshly made one! I used it the other day to heat garlic brad from the freezer. Soooo much quicker than my smug oven. The oven takes forever to heat up to a high temp etc. couldn't be happier!
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2012, 01:51:24 am »
I found if I brushed my pizza paddle with polenta before adding the base and then toppings, it would slide off into my pizza maker. Then cook great and quickly, and then was easy to remove. The polenta also helps to give a crisp base, and is tasty to boot.

Since having my pizza maker, I wouldn't bother with pizza in the oven again. Because the stone gets up to 300 deg, and has a top element, the (fresh) dough cooks in under 5 mins, which is time enough to cook the top without burning it. Then I add any green like rocket or basil or baby spinach after I take it out. The stone is also suppose to be a bit like a wok, it gets seasoned e more that's cooked on it, so no need to try and clean or wash... Just scrape and use again. Also perfect to re heat pizza. Comes out almost like a freshly made one! I used it the other day to heat garlic brad from the freezer. Soooo much quicker than my smug oven. The oven takes forever to heat up to a high temp etc. couldn't be happier!

Sounds great- does it cook only one at a time?

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2012, 01:59:50 am »
yes only 1 at a time

eating one whlie the other 1 is cooking  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2012, 12:43:55 am »
Had pizzas last night. Perfect. Used ff oven at 200, sprinkled pizza stones with semolina, used minimal toppings, cooked for approx 18 mins perfect.

KarenH perfect in my Miele oven.

H

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2012, 12:47:26 am »
Snap Hally!  We had pizzas last night too ...... some cooked in the weber using the stone, and some cooked in the Miele oven.  Cooked at 170 degrees using the "intensive bake" function, which is supposed to be good for cooking things that need a crisp base and a moist top ie pizza, quiche.  Perfect.  Didnt use the pizza stone, because DH was using it in the weber.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2012, 12:54:57 am »
KarenH, will try the intensive bake next time. How long did you cook them for?

We have eb with us next weekend, so pizza again :)

H

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2012, 01:52:50 am »
What is the intensive bake function on the Miele girls?  What is the symbol for it?  I can't find that wording in my book in the function section but the pizza recipe gives it as one of the ways to cook the pizza.  Is it the symbol with 2 horizontal strokes, 1 top and 1 bottom?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2012, 02:14:21 am »
Like this. Its a photo of my oven

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2012, 02:30:23 am »
Obviously a different model to mine Hally, mine is a H 334 B KAT.  I'm doing pizzas for lunch using balls of frozen dough so will try the setting which I think means intensive cooking.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2012, 02:37:30 am »
Good luck :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2012, 02:41:05 am »
Thanks Hally, I hate these fandangled modern whizz kid ovens.  Give me an on off button and a temperature control and I would be happy ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2012, 03:10:56 am »
When I bought mine, I ddnt see the fuss over the oven, of course didnt tell DH that after spending so much.

ended up going n a Miele cooking class & now love it. So much better than a basic oven :)

H :)