Author Topic: Re: TM5 trouble shooting codes  (Read 59321 times)

Offline alicialph

• View Profile
Re: TM5 trouble shooting codes
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 03:23:39 am »
I've had the C160 and my machine is back home now. I have the feeling that the locking arms and "nipple" will be causing a few problems. If I am not careful I get caught on the left locking arm, if I have long sleeves or a watch on. I tend to have my arm over the top. I must learn to be more careful.

can you share how did the error popped up? I would like to stress test mine before warranty ends..

error c160 + c145 based on my experience..
in case if anyone was wondering how the error happened.. or would like to stress test TM before warranty ends for fixing.

1. steam chicken using TM varoma for long time.. set time for about 1 hour
2. stop TM by pressing the round button at about > 30 minutes
3. take off varoma. take off TM lid.
4. put back TM lid or both TM lid + varoma
5. try to continue cooking with TM.
6. c160 + c145 error appears continously if you try getting TM to continue cooking
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:27:11 am by alicialph »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 06:25:34 am »
The first couple of times I had been cooking for quite a while with the varoma. After that it just popped up intermittently. The last time I was chopping carrots for 3 seconds. After 1 second it died. Another time I was kneading bread and it died.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 06:36:19 am »
the last time it happened I was making the tomato sauce from the chip
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline bogie1

• View Profile
Re: Re: TM5 trouble shooting codes
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 06:02:16 am »
C160 is now quite a common error if you read all the social media posts.  Mine did it quite a bit before I had to send it off to get serviced.  Apparently it's a combination software and locking arms issue.  Corned beef seems to be a killer for a lot of people.  I cooked Pimped up honey bourbon corned beef at least 3 times and then made worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and pineapple jam.  The jam killed it.  My consultant told me that if you have the machine on varoma heat, you must have the varoma on top or it causes issues.  Got my baby back yesterday and he has new arms.  Worked fine last night. :)
Jenny

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 06:12:16 am »
This isn't good.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:06 am »
The jam killed it.  My consultant told me that if you have the machine on varoma heat, you must have the varoma on top or it causes issues. 

Yes I had issues when I was making tomato ketchup from the chip, but its been fixed now. I think that if this is a fact then TM should be telling more people about this as no one would be doing it.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 09:10:28 pm »
So I wonder if it is using varoma temp for longer periods of time that becomes the issue? As of yet I haven't done any varoma cooking longer then 20mins do haven't had that issue but it would be nice to circumnavigate the eventuality of it happening at some stage.
Kylie

Offline bogie1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 02:15:54 am »
Kyton, I think it must be something to do with varoma temp for long periods of time that does it.  I use the varoma quite a bit nowadays (didn't at the start).  Later on, when I thought about my consultant's comment though, I did have the varoma on top, because I sterilised the jars for the jam while it was cooking.  I may not have had it on for the tomato sauce, but I did have the steaming basket on to stop it spitting everywhere.  I did have the error quite a few times before it had to go to service.   Yesterday when I was using him, I had to go through the whole safety guide onscreen performance again before it would let me do anything.  Hope that's not another error starting. 
Jenny

Offline charlieboy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 09:43:38 am »
Thanks for the codes.  I have a c160 error.  Apparently it takes HO up to 5 days after receiving notification of the fault to make contact with customer about pick up and then up to 14 working days to fix the machine!!  What have other peoples experiences been?  This is not the quick response I hoped for!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 10:06:59 am »
Mine was returned to me within the week.

Offline bogie1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 05:55:20 am »
Thanks for the codes.  I have a c160 error.  Apparently it takes HO up to 5 days after receiving notification of the fault to make contact with customer about pick up and then up to 14 working days to fix the machine!!  What have other peoples experiences been?  This is not the quick response I hoped for!!
No Charlieboy, I had mine back within a week.  I guess it depends on where you live of course.
Jenny

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 08:23:08 am »
My consultant contacted HO and they collected it within a week, then it was only gone for a week and 1 day. It was picked up on the Wednesday and delivered on the next Wednesday. I live in Perth though so that may make a difference.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 07:41:23 am »
My friend had the dreaded error msg on Good Friday after making some salted caramel in the TM5. I was talking with her about that I had read using the Varoma on top even when not needed may alleviate the issue. Luckily for us, I was going away so I gave her my TM5 to use and even more fortunate hers starting working again the following day.
Kylie

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 11:58:39 am »
I found with mine that it would work, even straight away. It gets to be a real nuisance though.  Especially if it happens several times in the making of one recipe.