Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522915 times)

Offline troupie

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13590 on: February 17, 2015, 05:45:09 am »
Cookie the big shot machine is for making cards and other paper craft; it cuts and embosses paper. I have not done much on it other than unwrap but hope it goes well. There might be others out there who can give me hints on its use. DH gave me some money for Christmas so I bought this as had an eye on one for ages. Paper punches getting too hard to use with my hands so hope this is better.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:36 am »
Troupie I have a big shot and use it quite a bit for embossing, and die cutting for my paper crafts. Kasercrafts are bringing out larger embossing folders. The craft shop in greenwood has quite a good range for the big shot. Have fun playing with your new toy.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: February 17, 2015, 11:43:15 am »
It sounds quite exciting. Have fun with it troupie. See you tomorrow at Nikki's cooking class.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: February 17, 2015, 12:40:16 pm »
Have a good time at Nikkit's cooking class girls.Photos would be most appreciated  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: February 17, 2015, 12:41:47 pm »
I'm betting it will be lots of fun girls.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: February 19, 2015, 07:04:06 am »
Bought a new dishwasher. My Bosch had been playing up terribly so I finally bit the bullet and bought a Miele.

Plus we bought and dismantled a display cabinet last week at a Grays auction. Lol it cost us $11 then another $200 for the truck to transport it home. Had our builder start to install it for us, so I dread to think what his cost will be!!
This is what it looked like before we dismantled it.

And this is our builder's handy work so far.
Kylie

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #13596 on: February 19, 2015, 08:07:38 pm »
Bought a new dishwasher. My Bosch had been playing up terribly so I finally bit the bullet and bought a Miele.

Plus we bought and dismantled a display cabinet last week at a Grays auction. Lol it cost us $11 then another $200 for the truck to transport it home. Had our builder start to install it for us, so I dread to think what his cost will be!!
This is what it looked like before we dismantled it.

And this is our builder's handy work so far.
Very good buy.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: February 19, 2015, 08:42:07 pm »
great buy :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: February 19, 2015, 09:03:36 pm »
Lol it was. My husband collects NRL jerseys so this is one corner of his garage. The cabinet maker is coming next week to measure up for cubby holes for each of the children to go at right angle on the left hand side (where the small bookcase is sitting). This will then create a bit of a alcove for the footy memorabilia and in front a gym workout area will be built.
Kylie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: February 19, 2015, 09:05:26 pm »
Would love to see another photo of it when it's fully decked out with everything kyton, what a great find.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: February 19, 2015, 11:41:41 pm »
That's a great buy. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: February 20, 2015, 12:49:51 am »
The cabinet maker is coming next week to measure up for cubby holes for each of the children to go at right angle on the left hand side (where the small bookcase is sitting).

Fabulous idea. Can it expand as the children grow or do you just shove them in?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: February 20, 2015, 01:23:26 am »
What a great buy. It is looking good now.

CP ......ROFL.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: February 20, 2015, 02:56:12 am »
CP I would love to shove them in there some days LOL. But seriously anything to keep the garage entry free of millions of shoes, hats and helmets I am up for. I cannot believe sometimes that we have a 8 car garage that only fits two cars at present! But I can see the finish line so it is all coming together finally.
Kylie

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: February 20, 2015, 03:15:20 am »
I used the pasta maker today and I am gobsmacked at just how quick and easy it was to use.  I was expecting some sort of newbie mistakes but I didn’t even need the instruction book after watching the videos yesterday and it all went to plan.  I made a chunky tomato sauce this morning so all I had to worry about was the pasta.

The recipe I used today was the Durum one (semolina, plain flour, egg and water).  They say it makes enough for 1-2, I could easily get 3 serves out of this if not 4 depending on appetites.

I weighed the dry ingredients on my scale and put in the machine, put the egg into the included jug while it was sitting on my scales, then just added water until it reached 95g.  A light whisk was all that was needed then I turned on the machine, poured in the egg/water mix gradually like you see in the video, then basically that was it.  Of course, being the first time I had to keep watching it. 

When the pasta was extruding, I expected it to be a bit sticky and had a flour shaker at the ready, but I didn’t need to use it.  I cut the strands off when I felt they were long enough and let them fall onto a tray I had sitting underneath.  I just picked the pasta up with my hands and tossed them about a bit and did the same when more of the pasta was added.
The spaghetti took about 5 mins of cooking time until it was the right consistency by doing little taste tests.

I really can’t wait to try other recipes now, especially the flavoured ones and using the different shapes. Very impressed.  ;D

Hi Julie,

I jumped on to the forum to look for reviews on the Philips pasta maker. And hey presto... :D

Very helpful post. Thanks Julie xx