Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522284 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11145 on: January 07, 2014, 01:30:50 pm »
I hate housework. I don't mind washing and I enjoy hanging it out. I don't like bringing it in. I don't enjoy ironing but love freshly ironed things.
I would rather cook or read than housework.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11146 on: January 07, 2014, 01:36:42 pm »
I don't hang clothes out either never have since I left home but I love housework :-[ and when my dryer blew up a few years back I had a new one delivered  that afternoon

no exciting shopping just school bags, lunch boxes etc but I did receive my VS order yesterday 8 days from the USA excellent service :D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: January 07, 2014, 07:24:40 pm »
I have an iron we were given as a wedding present.  It is not used that often, but I do use it when sewing or other crafty stuff. 
My first ever paid job was ironing my big brother's work shirts for him - he loathes ironing.  70cents a shirt was the standard rate, but if he wanted one to go out on a Saturday night, he'd pay $5!  Big bucks for me at the time.

We had some time without a clothesline while we were renovating (some time with no dryer either!! Not fun), and I loved the convenience of dryer drying, but it was harder on the clothes.
Either way, my biggest downfall in keeping up with the washing is folding the darn stuff.

Off to buy school stationery today...very exciting stuff!!   ;)
And check out Hills spare parts at the hardware store. 

Ordered some more rubber bands for the Rainbow Loom yesterday - DS still going mad with them.  Even DH is now wearing a bracelet.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: January 07, 2014, 08:34:11 pm »
Too funny but the latest ad to come up on the forum is for a hills hoist!!

Goldfish you have to feel sorry for that poor possessed woman. What a burden and her so sad for her family. I doubt her kids will grow up saying my mom always gave me clean sheets. Better they could say my mom always had time to sit and read/play with me.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #11149 on: January 07, 2014, 09:09:05 pm »
Too funny but the latest ad to come up on the forum is for a hills hoist!!

Goldfish you have to feel sorry for that poor possessed woman. What a burden and her so sad for her family. I doubt her kids will grow up saying my mom always gave me clean sheets. Better they could say my mom always had time to sit and read/play with me.

Gert

;D ;D I have an add for Hills Hoist too  ;D ;D

I once put DH's clothes in the wash that he left lying on the bed only to later realise he had left them there to put on after his shower.  :D

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: January 07, 2014, 09:21:22 pm »
Yesterday I bought a Jamie Oliver induction grill pan at 50% off in the sales.  I have been wanting one of these for ages.  Now I can make Maddy's tandoori chicken salad  ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: January 07, 2014, 10:53:24 pm »
My Mum always loved washing of any description and ironing (plus sweeping) and would rip the sheets out from under you when you were having a lie in at the weekend so that she could wash. She seemed to wash when the sun came out as she couldn't bear to waste that lovely sun.  Dad used to be livid but I'd just roll over and go back to sleep sheetless.  She was a terror too for hovering over you when you'd almost finished your meal so that she could grab your plate and finish washing the dishes.  I did that once to DH and he said 'I'm not finished yet Hazel' LOL. She always washed and ironed in the same day, still does at 91.  Needless to say I do not take after my Mother.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: January 07, 2014, 11:54:07 pm »
I've just done some lunchbox shopping from the new sistema range

A cube max and a couple of [urlhttp://sistemaplastics.com/products/lunch/2l-triple-split-lunch-box]triple splits[/url] - I really like that they come with little yoghurt pots that fit in them.  And they will fit whole fruit too, which DH and I prefer (DS has no front teeth and definitely prefers his chopped at the moment).
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: January 07, 2014, 11:58:31 pm »
Oh, and I forgot...very cute mini sauce bottles and dressing pottles
Jo

mcmich

« Reply #11154 on: January 08, 2014, 03:05:57 am »
Nice lunch boxes  8)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: January 08, 2014, 03:50:13 am »
My ice cream maker arrived today! Naturally the postie came in the 1.5 hour window when we were out this morning, so had to collect from the post office. Now I'm very frustrated that I have to wait 12 hours to use it! Working from home tomorrow, so will make a custard base today and stick it in the fridge to churn tomorrow, very excited! Have been umming and aahing about getting a machine for 2 years, ever since I got my TMX (and joined this forum - you're all to blame haha!)
Melbourne, inner north

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: January 08, 2014, 04:41:14 am »
Nothing like that when my kids went to school! What would you put into the sauce bottles for school lunch?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: January 08, 2014, 04:56:50 am »
Great lunch boxes, I will need to go shopping next week for new ones.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: January 08, 2014, 06:12:49 am »
Nothing like that when my kids went to school! What would you put into the sauce bottles for school lunch?

Gert
Tomato sauce goes with EVERYTHING according to my kids!
And maybe soy sauce with sushi, but will see how leakproof they are first. :)
Jo

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: January 08, 2014, 09:48:00 am »
If you visit a T2 store from tomorrow there are Teriffic savings to be made.

Gert