Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4523031 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9615 on: July 25, 2013, 12:46:38 am »
Yum, cream on top of the milk...

I like the look of those pouches too - I ordered some recently but it turned out they were out of stock, so back to looking.  Oh, well, I saved some money (for now) I suppose! I'm trying to find a kid-friendly way to put yoghurt in the lunchboxes.  DD can't open the little Tupperware cups without making a big mess.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: July 25, 2013, 01:08:13 am »
My new  "paper" bag arrived. Perfect for keeping home made bread.

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: July 25, 2013, 03:03:20 am »
I love the look of those bags. I will be interested to hear what you think of them.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:07 am »
I have finally managed to find some Australian-made pure merino wool thick socks for the kids  :D :D  They spend heaps of time playing outside, even in the cold and the wet, and the thin cotton or acrylic socks that are so common in the major chain stores just dont make the grade.

Sadly, it is not very often that I am able to find Australian made clothing anymore either - but today I found this company that is a family-owned business that makes quality socks using local Australian wool:  http://www.lindnersocks.com.au/   So I stocked up!
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: July 25, 2013, 03:58:50 am »
That book looks lovely.

I made two purchases today which I'd like to share. The first is a pack of reusable food pouches (6 x 100ml and 6 x 200ml) for yogurt etc and the second is a bottle of REAL milk! It comes in a glass bottle and even has cream settling on the top!!!!!

Brumington, Are you in Brisbane then ? We are buying that milk and we loovvveeee it !!! We follow his fb page as well.  The looks on the faces of my kids was priceless when they saw the cream on top.  We've been getting the orange top 2 l, not in glass unfortunately but it works out a bit cheaper than the 1l. It always has  a long expiry and the longer it's in the fridge, the more cream.  The farmer started this I think as a kick in the teeth to Woolies and Coles because he wasn't prepared to accept the low price they were going to pay him to send his milk to a milk processing plant.  Have you watched the video on his website of the automated robotic milking ? The cows decide when they want to milk lol.  My kids loved watching the video and they want to go and do the farm tour, which I think would be great.

How beautiful is it????!!! I'm in the Lockyer Valley. They stock it at Laidley Butchers and Rosewood IGA. I've not seen the video yet but will check it out. I'd absolutely love to do the tour.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: July 25, 2013, 04:00:47 am »
Great purchases Brumington and the milk sounds lovely, does he recycle the milk bottles? The pouches look interesting, what do you intend using them for?

Not too sure if he recycles the bottles. I'll have to find out. I'm going to reuse mine!

I'm going to use the bags for yogurt for kids lunch boxes.

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: July 25, 2013, 04:06:11 am »
Gert I still don't have my bag. I'll have to call them I think.

Jo I bought these from School Mum Facebook page (she's the same person who does Aldi Mum). It was only $21.50 I think for 6 x 100ml pouches and 6 x 200ml pouches.

mcmich

« Reply #9622 on: July 25, 2013, 04:07:56 am »
I have finally managed to find some Australian-made pure merino wool thick socks for the kids  :D :D  They spend heaps of time playing outside, even in the cold and the wet, and the thin cotton or acrylic socks that are so common in the major chain stores just dont make the grade.

Sadly, it is not very often that I am able to find Australian made clothing anymore either - but today I found this company that is a family-owned business that makes quality socks using local Australian wool:  http://www.lindnersocks.com.au/   So I stocked up!
Thanks Karen.

I just had a look at the website. What a lovely story. Ordered DH some work socks. Can never get good quality work socks.
DH said he was cold last night driving to Canberra too.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: July 25, 2013, 04:49:50 am »
Lovely story and website. The socks are very reasonably priced. Glad you posted  this for those who need to keep tootsies warm.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: July 25, 2013, 05:06:18 am »
Gert, I am told they also stock a hand-dyed rainbow coloured sock - surely even your hot little QLD toosties could do with a pair of those  ;D ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: July 25, 2013, 05:10:16 am »
looks like another meet up for 2 close forum members. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: July 25, 2013, 05:13:56 am »
Not really my shopping but.... I now have a Tefal Actifry sitting on my bench (and 2 girls sitting in its box) ... a new kitchen toy to play with!  :D :D  What a lovely gift!!!  ;D
:D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: July 25, 2013, 05:29:51 am »
Gert, I am told they also stock a hand-dyed rainbow coloured sock - surely even your hot little QLD toosties could do with a pair of those  ;D ;D

I never even owned a pair of shoes until I had to buy them for the forum fest to keep my feet warm in Perth. I will have to wipe the mould off for Adelaide!

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: July 25, 2013, 05:33:56 am »
Gert I still don't have my bag. I'll have to call them I think.

Jo I bought these from School Mum Facebook page (she's the same person who does Aldi Mum). It was only $21.50 I think for 6 x 100ml pouches and 6 x 200ml pouches.

I ordered mine on the 18th and it came by mail this morning. Pretty good for Cairns.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: July 25, 2013, 07:29:12 am »
Astarra, I want a actifry , let me know how it is.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url