Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521922 times)

Offline medusa

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #7245 on: January 22, 2013, 05:04:55 am »
A new thermomix based ebook. hopefully it will be ok.

Mine arrived in my inbox. I've only had a quick look. It seems like I'll try quite a few recipes. Very good value IMO.

I agree it seems not bad for $15. 
Medusa, in Oz

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: January 22, 2013, 05:48:23 am »
Mine arrived this morning too and looks interesting.
A few that I will definately try and not bad for the money

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: January 22, 2013, 06:30:58 am »
Yesterday I rang Louis Vuitton in Sydney and ordered a key pouch to match the wallet I bought a few months ago.  I'll be able to keep the remote for my car in the pouch as I don't actually need a key to use my car, the remote just needs to be close by. 

It has already arrived in Adelaide so fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow or Thursday.  :D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:13 am »
I have been looking for a new purse, mine is very old (Shelton brand) and it really needs to be replaced but I haven't seen anything that I really like.  I was given a new one about two years ago and after using it twice  went back to old faithful  :-))

Marie

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: January 22, 2013, 06:40:07 am »
Same here Marie. I need a new handbag and purse but haven't seen anything I like which is practical.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: January 22, 2013, 07:28:26 am »
Victoria's basement has Scanpan Classic - 15 piece Fully Forged Oak Knife Block set
Basement Price - $199.00
RRP: $669.00

Just wondering if any one has scan pan knifes and what do you think off them? I have been disappointed in the cookware, this looks like a good buy to me.
I think you'll find them equally disappointing. They feel very light and unbalanced. I don't have scan pan knives but I have tested them alongside other knives.   Check out Mundial - much better knives in the same price range.
I really really like my wusthof knives.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: January 22, 2013, 07:35:13 am »
Yesterday I rang Louis Vuitton in Sydney and ordered a key pouch to match the wallet I bought a few months ago.  I'll be able to keep the remote for my car in the pouch as I don't actually need a key to use my car, the remote just needs to be close by.  

It has already arrived in Adelaide so fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow or Thursday.  :D

I love LV JulieO. I've had my wallet for about 8 or more years. I recently sent it back for some R&R. The stitching had worn a tiny bit. I think it is now ready for at least another 10 or more years. Over the time the purchase price works at very little per year.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #7252 on: January 22, 2013, 08:13:30 am »
Yesterday I rang Louis Vuitton in Sydney and ordered a key pouch to match the wallet I bought a few months ago.  I'll be able to keep the remote for my car in the pouch as I don't actually need a key to use my car, the remote just needs to be close by. 

It has already arrived in Adelaide so fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow or Thursday.  :D

Ooohhh!!! Louis Vuitton - how wonderful. You are very spoilt Julie.  :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: January 22, 2013, 08:41:57 am »
Victoria's basement has Scanpan Classic - 15 piece Fully Forged Oak Knife Block set
Basement Price - $199.00
RRP: $669.00

Just wondering if any one has scan pan knifes and what do you think off them? I have been disappointed in the cookware, this looks like a good buy to me.

I have scan pan knives and I am very happy with them.  I tried out a few different knives before I bought the scan pan. I have only bought individual knives as I didn't want a block or some of the knives that came in the sets.  I have mine on a magnetic strip attached to the wall.

I also have scan pan cookware and I am happy with that too.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: January 22, 2013, 09:33:10 am »
everton have a special on Wusthof (spelling?) knives $580 or something down from $1200
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: January 22, 2013, 09:42:33 am »
A new thermomix based ebook. hopefully it will be ok.

Mine arrived in my inbox. I've only had a quick look. It seems like I'll try quite a few recipes. Very good value IMO.

I agree it seems not bad for $15. 

Thanks. Yes, mine arrived too.  Excellent value it seems!! :-)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:03 am »
Yesterday I rang Louis Vuitton in Sydney and ordered a key pouch to match the wallet I bought a few months ago.  I'll be able to keep the remote for my car in the pouch as I don't actually need a key to use my car, the remote just needs to be close by.  

It has already arrived in Adelaide so fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow or Thursday.  :D

I love LV JulieO. I've had my wallet for about 8 or more years. I recently sent it back for some R&R. The stitching had worn a tiny bit. I think it is now ready for at least another 10 or more years. Over the time the purchase price works at very little per year.

Yes they are well made aren't they?  I know they are expensive, but I've had fakes for years and thought it about time I bought the real thing.  Very happy with mine too and think it will last me a very long time.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: January 22, 2013, 11:22:59 am »
Bought a hand held vacuum to deal with dog hairs, and a paper shredder as I need to get rid of years of paperwork and don't fancy just chucking it in the recycling bin..... call me paranoid!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: January 22, 2013, 11:28:46 am »
Received my chip maker today so might try it tomorrow.  Also received my cherry pitter last week which is rather cute.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: January 22, 2013, 11:55:55 am »
Do you think the cherry putter would do olives too Judy?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/