Author Topic: CSIRO Healthy eating  (Read 13696 times)

Offline Mezza39

• View Profile
CSIRO Healthy eating
« on: November 23, 2011, 01:30:04 pm »
Hi there, have been following the CSIRO healthy Eating plan - high protein, low carb diet for nearly 12 months and have lst around 11 kg, which I am v happy about  :).

Does anyone have any conversions for some of the recipes in the CSIRO diet books?

Thanks

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Re: CSIRO Healthy eating
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 07:55:32 pm »
Unfortunately no, Mezza39, but is the CSIRO diet the same one that goes by the name "CAVEMAN" or "PRIMAL"diet?

At Thermomix demonstrations, this subject has come up, and I would love to be able to offer my customers and guests specific advice in response to their queries or at least a referral to the suggestions on this thread.

So I join with Mezza39 in requesting more information from other forum members.  :)  

Thank you to those who have already contributed to this thread on almost the same topic:

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2025.0

Is this link relevant??

http://sparklesthermomix.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:19:06 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Mezza39

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 02:02:40 am »
I'm not sure about the Primal or Caveman diets, but from the name alone it sounds like it would be similar! The CSIRO is based around reducing the amount of refined carbs and increasing Protein intake to compensate.

The idea is still basically kj in < kj out = weight loss (surprise, surprise), but what their studies showed was that it was easier to stick to a high protein low kj diet than a high carb, low kj diet.

So low fat curries and stews, grilled fish/chicken/meat and steamed veggies and salads with oil free dressings etc. Sounds like perfect TM material!

Unfortunately, you cant make all the yummy TM desserts!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 03:27:40 am »
Sorry I can't offer you any conversions, but I would like to support the CSIRO 'way of eating'. I used the first book and lost 30kg over a couple of years. I have put on a few since but I feel comfortable where I am at now. I'm not thin by any means but am happy. It is basically a lifestyle for me now as it is easy to follow and I have the occasional goodies. The best part is that I can usually lose the bits I put on over Christmas and holidays. (except for 2 very stubborn kilos that won't go)

Good luck with it Mezza39. If you need any help converting recipes let me know. I'll be missing until next Wednesday.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Mezza39

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 08:56:06 am »
Thanks cookie, I might try my hand at converting a few this weekend, I'll keep you all posted.

Offline chardie18

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:25:17 am »
Have you found any? Would love to know some too!

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:32:52 pm »
Recently bought the CSIRO healthy heart program book to help a family member with severe heart problems. Fascinating read. Really scary info about the levels of salt in many everyday foods and the average Aussie's daily salt intake. Just another reason to love the TMX and making so much of our food from scratch quickly and easily. I'm going to try to convert a few of the interesting recipes from this book but time is short at the moment as I have been travelling a lot.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Mezza39

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 11:08:20 am »
That's great djinni. I was put onto it by family members, lost 10kg and 20cm off my waist and that was 18 months ago, still keeping the weight off. The down side was needing to shell out for a whole new wardrobe!

Having the TMX makes it a lot easier to stick to the diet, provided you ignore the entire Cake, biscuit, slice, dessert, bread, pasta sections of the forum!

I have converted a lot of the recipes at home now, will start posting as I come across them.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 03:19:24 pm »
... lost 10kg and 20cm off my waist and that was 18 months ago, still keeping the weight off. The down side was needing to shell out for a whole new wardrobe!
Wow Mezza that is fabulous  8) 8) 8). You are an inspiration. Please share your favourite recipes and tips. I have some kilos and centimetres to shed and would love to see more healthy/weight loss recipes here. :)
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 09:30:07 am »
Congratulations Mezza, that is fantastic.
I'm actually gooing to have a look at the new CSIRO book. I've put on a couple of kilos and having troouble getting it off. I must be that %$&&^$ thermomix. :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/