Author Topic: Chookie and Cecilia meet in Hobart.  (Read 4606 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Chookie and Cecilia meet in Hobart.
« on: January 01, 2012, 09:37:13 am »
It is great fun to meet another TMX enthusiast.  Cecilia and her DH and  my DH and myself met in Hobart and had a good natter about this wonderful machine.  Cecilia is doing an excellent job,  spreading the word.  In fact so good that when my DH and I sat down for lunch at the Taste of Tasmania, we met a couple who had been to one of Cecilia's Demos and were telling us how impressed they were.  What a small world we live in.  We head home tomorrow and are not looking forward to the heat.  It has been so mild here in Tassie,  and we have enjoyed every second.  It was wonderful to meet another person of our TMX / Forum family.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chookie and Cecilia meet in Hobart.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:17:40 am »
It's great to put faces to names, glad you both caught up.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:14:18 am »
How exciting for you both. Isn't it amazing how the TMX can create friendships?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:33:11 am »
How funny, my sister and her hubby live in Canberra and my mum and dad live in Alstonville near Ballina on the far nth coast of NSW... And they went to Tassie together for Xmas and were at the taste of Tasmania too. You could have passed them and never known... Funny funny funny. Sounds wonderful, and what a lovely thing to have in common to chat about over a lovely lunch!
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 11:47:30 am »
How lovely that you caught up with each other in Hobart.You and your DH are such great company Chookie so no wonder it was a great meeting :-* :-* :-* Well done Cecilia on spreading the word about this incredible machine. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:22:33 pm »
How nice for you both to meet up.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 01:00:41 pm »
Hi everyone.  I have been the privileged one as it was Chookie's initiative to contact me and it was Chookie who offered the hospitality at her beautiful hotel room.  I can't wait until she and her DH come to Hobart again, as we all hit it off and, TMX or no TMX, I think there are bonds of friendship between us which go beyond forum partcipation.

Despite my pretty much senior years status in life, I have much to learn about cooking.  The Thermomix has helped me greatly.  It has been amazing to have its wonderful capacities at my disposal.  But I credit the forum just as much as our brilliantly engineered machine itself with building my confidence in the kitchen.  The support here is incredible - everyone is so informative and the overall experience is so sustaining.

Just a word about Chookie's six degrees of separation experience at the Taste today - how Tasmanian!!  She and her DH sat down with some other people at the Taste, raised the subject of Thermomix in saying that we had had a meet-up, and lo and behold, not only had the couple already heard about Thermomix, but they'd attended one of my demos.  You have to love this place.  We all know each other.  :)  So watch what you say in Tassie!!

I was thrilled to meet our wonderful Chookwoman and to feel face-to-face the warm support of Chookie as the sharp, honest, intelligent and generous motherhen I had imagined her to be from her posts.  Now that I have met her I feel love as well as respect for this ever-giving Hero Member.  Thanks, Chookie.  You're a gem.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:18:25 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 01:28:04 pm »
Glad you guys got to catch up and that it all went well....no surprises there  ;D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 08:08:32 pm »
What a wonderful meeting.  This forum really does foster an environment of support and friendship and to meet another member is such a buzz.  So glad you had a great time together.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:37 am »
How lovely that you both got to meet up and what better place than the taste of Tas. I miss going there, (being an ex Hobart person).
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 05:49:10 am »
It's lovely to be able to meet other TM enthusiasts