Author Topic: Go the Green Smoothie  (Read 40466 times)

Offline RawMegaMeg

• GoGreenwithTM
    • View Profile
Re: Go the Green Smoothie - excited :)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 01:49:58 pm »
Thanks for the wonderful green smoothie recipes!!
I'm excited as I get my TM this w/e and these will be the first recipes we'll make.
I started Raw Energy 15 years ago with Leslie Kenton and I'm sure she is bound to have a TM :)
Does anyone have have any alternatives to using bananas (expensive right now) - they sound pretty essential?
Yours in green health
x m
 :-*
(this is my first post to this Forum)
RawMegaMeg

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Go the Green Smoothie
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 04:54:31 pm »
Avocado's will make it creamy like a banana and just as filling as well ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 02:28:42 am »
I love my green smoothies. I have some macca in the pantry, keep forgetting to use it! Just a suggestion, a blob of yoghurt and a heap of ice make it creamier and fluffier.

I am off to make one right this minute!!

Offline Gen Y

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 11:12:55 am »
This looks soooo different i can wait to try it! everyone thought i was crazy when i was having avo choc banana shake ahaha and now this! ill let you know how i go =D thanks for the recipe  ;D

Offline Red Kell

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 08:14:19 am »
I tried this for the first time today. I'm not a fan of green stuff  :P but it wasnt too bad. I think it's worth trying to get used to it for the health benefits.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 12:41:22 am »
For all those who regularly have green smoothies do you know if there is a settling in period? I bought all my ingredients yesterday so had one for dinner last night and one in place of my normal smoothie this morning - I've now spent most of the morning on the toilet  ;D. I'm also feeling quite wiped out this morning but that could be a combined result of a hard gym session with a personal trainer, just returning from a trip overseas and my DD's 16th birthday party, myabe I'm trying to do too much. I would love to hear how others have felt when starting out with green smoothies.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 10:27:52 am »
Wonder I cannot find your green smoothie recipe post. I recall seeing it sometime ago. Pls may I have it ... Now that I have finally found Tuscan cabbage at the veg market. Thank you! :( :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 11:31:00 am »
Hi Courton, I have the following be techie and just change the fruit and greens depending on what I have available. I generally about1/2 fill the TMX with greens, I normally alternate between kale and spinach but will also add some parsley, I then put in a few dessert spoons f a combination of linseeds, almonds, chia and sunflower seeds, 1 small apple (cored and quartered), 1small orange (peeled and quartered), 1 mango cheek and approx 3/4 cup of fresh pineapple. I then add about 7 ice cubes and 500mls of water and mix on speed 8-9 for 3 mins.  I've been having theses for a few months now and just add whatever fruit I thunk will go together and will sometimes add some berries and 1/2 banana. I don't really like the taste of bananas so try to avoid them but sometimes I have no choice. Regardless of the fruit I normally try to keep the ratio of greens to fruit at about 60:40, so ths makes clse to 1 litre. I make it as soon as get up and drink while I'm getting ready for work and some days will take any eft overs to drink at work. It's all a bit of trial and error until you find the combinations tat work for you. I tried the shriek juice from this site last week and found that with no sweeter fruits I was craving something sweet all day which is very unusual for me so won't be trying that combination again.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 12:15:18 pm »
Thank you so much! Will try it tomorrow morning. Appreciate the prompt reply. :) :) :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 07:32:02 pm »
No worries Courton I just happened to come on at the right time. I've just made my morning smoothie and today has half a bowl of baby spinach, nuts and seeds, a small apple, a small orange, one mango cheek, ice and water.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 09:35:53 pm »
At the last minute I decided to try it tomorrow since I am going to be out and about most do the morning. I just remembered your experience in one of your posts about a settling in period!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 11:41:33 pm »
hahahahaha, after talking with a dietician she was saying you should introduce the raw greens a little more slowly than I did, so start of with a greater percentage for fruit and gradually increase the greens. You also need to remember to rotate the greens you use, I normally use kale for one week and then spinach the next.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 12:28:17 am »
Thanks for your very useful advice. Shall follow it.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 05:47:19 am »
wonder, thanks for all your advice. Mixed 5 tuscan cabbage leaves with a banana, 1/2 granny smith, 5 ice cubes, water and agave syrup. Once I got over the feeling what I am doing drinking this green thing, it was actually fine! I have to persist with it for a wk so that I get used to my new breakfast routine rather than going back to porridge.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 02:21:36 am »
Have been having green smoothies for the last few days...have tried kale ( but have not been able to find it again), baby spinach and baby buck Choy. I am trying to rotate the greens and was standing in the veg market totally bamboozled as to what greens to buy...what works and what tastes awful?

Also, how long do you drink it before you see a difference? and what did your body report back to you!!!????