Author Topic: special biscuits requests--sorry in wrong spot and can't delete myself :-)  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
Re: special biscuits requests--sorry in wrong spot and can't delete myself :-)
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »
THanks all for your suggestions  :).  In the end I made Megan's melting moments, rolled them and pressed with a fork, then filled with a passionfruit butter cream.  I bought a lovely biscuit tin and stuffed lots of matching tissue paper in and they travelled really well up the mountain, I was very proud of them.  Because I rolled them, rather than piped them I added about a tablespoon more flour and I made two batches as I was a bit worried about doubling the mix. The end result was beautiful cafe style biscuits, thanks MeganJane!

Also made a second batch of CPs suggestion, fudgy wudgy biscuits, to take to school tomorrow to help "ease" us into 4th term--thanks for that!

Karen H, thanks for lemon curd suggestion! As Meganjane's bikkies didn't have eggs in them, I was able to use my own hen's eggs to make a double quantity of Tenina's lemon curd, didn't even think of that!  I printed out some posh looking labels for the jars on my computer.  The Wollangarra people were able to put some in their raffle prize and saved the rest for themselves, so that was great!

Thhanks for your suggestions too, Denzelmum, will be trying those out in future!  Totally  agree about the cardomon biscuits, earth momma!  Have made them a couple of times and they are quite different and divine.  I am going to make them next weekend to serve with some icecream--and Chookie, will be experimenting with the Cantucci recipe as I often give biscotti as Christmas presents, find it great because it lasts so well.

So thanks again for your suggestions and contributions, everyone!
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 09:19:32 pm »
LellyJ, good luck with first day back at school.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 12:14:23 pm »
Thanks Chookie, went quite well actually  :)
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 11:53:37 pm »
Lellyj - so glad the lemon curd was a hit!  I am thinking of making several jars to give to people at Christmas.   I must try those cardomom biscuits too. 
Karen in Adelaide