Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6132950 times)

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16260 on: October 12, 2014, 07:13:21 pm »
We had a sad day yesterday whilst over here in Hawaii. My husband's Nanna passed away during the night. She would have been 97 in two weeks time. Our children are extremely lucky to have shared their lives with her - they spent a couple of hours every Sunday visiting her. In fact when we were planning the trip the only concern our 9yo daughter had was missing her Nanna.

We were prepared to drop everything to fly home but his parents, Aunty and cousins are decided to delay the funeral for a week to allow us to finish our holiday.

Hawaii has such bittersweet memories - it is our favourite place but now we have lost both our first baby (miscarriage at 20wks) and our loved Nanna whilst visiting.
Kylie

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: October 12, 2014, 07:21:27 pm »
Sorry about my pics, I saw they were upside down and tried to delete. Tapatalks feeling the 3 hour time difference maybe!
Sue and DD, we all know what a clever cook you are now you have ribbons to prove it. Congratulations and well done.
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: October 12, 2014, 07:31:00 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss of your DH's beloved Nanna Kyton.Your children's lives have certainly been enriched by knowing her.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: October 12, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »
I extend my sympathy to you and your family Kyton at this very sad time.  How lovely that your children adored their Nanna and saw her regularly, Sundays must have been a very special time for Nanna too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: October 12, 2014, 09:56:25 pm »
My sympathies also Kyton, pleased that many happy times were shared and  lots of memories to keep forever.
Denise

Offline kyton

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16265 on: October 12, 2014, 10:17:54 pm »
Thanks everyone. It doesn't quite seem real due to the distance, am sure once we get home reality will set in. We have many many happy memories, DH and I have been together for 25 years so there are wonderful times along with the bittersweet. We are blessed to have had our children meet and spend so much time with her - Nanna's mother lived until almost 102 so my husband has the same memories of her. My in laws live right next door to us and my parents live only around the corner so our children are very very blessed.
Kylie

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: October 12, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »
Kyton, enjoy the rest of your holiday, just keep happy memories in your mind, and have a celebration of life for her , great innings down here on earth.💝

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: October 12, 2014, 10:41:49 pm »
Kyton enjoy the holiday, nyou Nana would have wanted you to..
Sending hugs :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: October 13, 2014, 12:00:13 am »
Sorry to hear of your loss Kyton, sending sympathy to you and your family.   I am sure you will have lots of lovely memories to treasure

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: October 13, 2014, 02:07:29 am »
Sympathy to you and family Kyton.
You have many happy memories, so treasure them.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: October 13, 2014, 02:13:25 am »
Sorry for your family's loss Kyton. How lucky your children are to have had a Great Nan in their lives.
So many kids these days don't even get to see Grandparents.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: October 13, 2014, 06:10:12 am »
I know it is amazing to have such longevity. We keep telling my MIL that we are keeping a tally - her grandmother was almost 102, her Mum almost 97 and she is fighting fit at 74. She works almost a 30hr week doing all of our business's bookkeeping / wages etc as well as keeping an eye out for her two children's families, and up until this week her Mother as well. I lost all my Grandparents well before my children were born, but my husband had both his paternal Grandfather until 7 years ago and his maternal Grandmother just gone. We still have his paternal Grandfather's best friend as our "token" Great Grandfather to our kids. He is 83 and our kids adore him.
Kylie

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: October 13, 2014, 06:35:26 am »
Sorry to hear of your loss Kyton, sending my sympathy to you and your family.

A busy day here today as we are leaving in the morning.  Did some washing then vaccuumed and cleaned so that everything will be tidy when we come home.  Made some cookies and another cake to take with us.  Had a quick visit to the family to leave the spare house keys etc.

The weekend bread class was great and I learned a few things I didn't know.  We made plain bread, foccaccia, spelt bread, rye bread, garlic bread, saffron buns, a fruit loaf and I am sure there was something else that I can't remember.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: October 13, 2014, 06:51:59 am »
Kyton, my thoughts and prayers are with you . The loss is so sad and leaves a big hole in our lives .. but what a beautiful blessing your family memories are!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: October 13, 2014, 09:06:02 am »
My deepest sympathy to you and the family Kyton. It is wonderful that you have so many treasured memories.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/