Author Topic: Wholemeal Bread  (Read 4048 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Wholemeal Bread
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:21:22 pm »
I recently held a Bread Making Day at my place for our local CWA of which I'm Secretary.

I invited an acquaintance who I know grows her own wheat for her bread. She brought along her precious electric mill and ground the wheat before making the most fantastic loaf of bread that I've ever tasted! Her recipe did include gluten flour as the wheat they grow isn't high protein.

The loaf was as light as a feather with a beautiful crumb and great crust. I devoured a whole loaf in only three days! I've tried grinding wheat in the TMX, cooling it, grinding it again, but it's just not the same as the flour from a proper mill. I've been looking at them and I'm going to save up for this one: Billy 100. We're growing some hard wheat this year, so hopefully I'll be able to make my own flour and make my bread in the TMX.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Wholemeal Bread
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:26:51 pm »
MJ,   I know what you are talking about as I was  given some home mill ground flour.  It was very special.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Wholemeal Bread
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 12:50:10 pm »
As you have a ready supply of wheat MJ that is probably a good idea.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/