Author Topic: Donna Hay  (Read 16082 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
Donna Hay
« on: March 20, 2011, 05:45:56 am »
Hi I just purchased the Donna Hay cookbook - fast, fresh, simple after seeing her first show on the lifestyle channel really lovely book with pictures for every recipe. Looking forward to trying a few.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Donna Hay
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:52:00 am »
Wow! Look forward to lots of conversions.  ;)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38:22 am »
Not a fan of Donna Hay. I've tried a lot of her recipes from her "Modern Classics" book. Not many of them worked and those that did weren't particularly nice.

Be interested to see if these recipes are better.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right place, but for those with an iPad, Donna Hay Magazine has just released an app. 

To get you hooked, the first issue - the 10th Birthday Collectors Magazine - is free to download.  The photography is beautiful, I'm almost having to wipe my screen - especially all the chocolate recipes,  ;D
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:01:00 pm »
Since watching her show, Fast, Fresh, Simple, I've changed my mind about DH. I like her style. I also bought the book and love to refer to it as I watch the show.
She needs a Thermomix!

I did the same with Nigella Bites. (She needs one too!)
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:22:59 pm »
I have 2 Donna Hay cookbooks, and have never used them.

I watch her on lifestyle food sometimes.

maybee I should look at them.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:23:30 pm »
tim tam whats the name of hte app...i searched donna hay and nothign came up??
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 11:44:11 pm »
Hi Frozzie, I got to it from her website [url]http://www.donnahay.com.au/ipad[url] hope this helps.
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 12:04:50 am »
I am a Donna fan  ;D
Love her magazines, have her cookbooks, and LOVE what she sells on her website!  :P
You will find most her recipes have very few ingredients, are quick and  flavoursome.

Yvette.....her method for the dry rub, spice roasted ribs is the best method I have tried yet.  On page 101.
I do cut down 1 tsp. chilli powder to 1/8 tsp.....because the kids don't like it too spicy  ;) but that method of cooking guarantees not to have lots of burnt black bits on top ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:28:40 am »
Thanks Maddy will give it a try it is a lovely book and a lot of her recipes are very simple.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 01:16:37 am »

She needs a Thermomix!

I did the same with Nigella Bites. (She needs one too!)

yes, we need them to get one!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 06:13:08 am »
ok idiot moment was looking on my iphone ..dont have an ipad as yet lol...but will be gettig this ap when i do at xmas!!!!  will be great if alot of mags do subscriptions like this via ipad as i cant get any intl subscriptions particularly oz mags without paying triple the cost of the mag for postage costs..ridiculous..they really profit on the fact that you are OS!  I need more sleep lol!

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 10:16:27 pm »
Just downloaded the app and the mag looks really good :) thanks for the heads up. Haven't really looked at her recipes before but there are quite a few in this issue that I am going to try.
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 12:23:41 am »
Thanks for the heads up. I like Donna Hay's recipes but find her magazine expensive for what you get, i've downloaded the free copy and am enjoying the beautiful photos.

Frozzie, as long as there is no zone restrictions on downloading which there is for many ipad apps, you will find the magazine subscriptions fantastic. I don't have any ongoing subscriptions but do buy individual copies to ensure I get my Asutralian fix while travelling os for work. There is also a newspaper reading app (good reader i think) that allows you to download daily copies of most Australian newspapers, you can buy a single day at a time so no need to subscribe.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 06:24:57 am »
thanks for the info wonder...will def be checking it out...ive wanted to subscribe to several aus mags but it always annoyed me the diff in cost between local and overseas...absolute rip off!  Same with everything really even aussie foods same deal...you can buy online the same prices even if its in the UK but then wham postage is where they get you and its always way more than what it would cost for someone else to send...I hate that they profit on the fact that expats like to have some 'home' comforts and often pay the ridiculous prices but I have learnt to live without moszt items and just get some things I want with teh flow of friends and family that drop by on their travels or when we go to oz i stock up! (on mags too lol)