Author Topic: EASY YOGHURT RECIPE  (Read 9184 times)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
EASY YOGHURT RECIPE
« on: February 06, 2011, 11:17:32 pm »
Does  anyone have a recipe for an easy yoghurt recipe my DD21 has just started work as a Midwife today and we are looking for some lunch and snack recipes.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: EASY YOGHURT RECIPE
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 01:31:41 am »
Have you tried Valeries' yoghurt recipe?  Many have enormous and continued success with it (2 litres of yorghurt for the price of 2 litres of milk = great value), others have perservered and not been happy with the results.  So it is a personal thing but read through all the hints and tips and try it.  It might be what you're looking for.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:21:26 am »
I just bought an Easiyo yoghurt maker, and made up a batch of strawberry yogurt. Perfect first time, and I can't find anything negative as it was delicous, given the thumbs up by the family, and contains natural ingredients. Got all the bacteria for the gut, and can be purchased from the supermarket or internet. Sachets are between $3-4 for a kilo of yoghurt depending on which one you choose. Have tried to make TM yoghurt in the past, but this one passes the test with flying colours.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:48:16 am »
Thanks Cathy and Creampuff have not tried to make yoghurt before can it be made successfully in the TM?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 04:50:42 am »
Yvette lots of people have success with Valerie's recipe.

CP63 I've got a Easi-Yo and love it. Very often you can buy yoghurt for less than the price of the sachets. I go with the cheapest for the week. Got some lovely Mundella at Coles   the other week. 1kg for $2.78.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:26:42 am »
creampuff I also use Easiyo, I tried the from scratch and had 1 success and 2 failures so went back to easiyo. I think my starter culture was the issue. But easiyo is just so easy, lol, we just use the low fat greek one but get through quite a lot. I love the fact that we never need run out of yoghurt and I can put a batch on in the time it takes to boil the kettle (so if low can do it during breakfast time to ensure we have yoghurt for dinner/dessert or if running low in the evening can do a batch whilst making dinner ready for the morning and it never fails).

I was thinking of getting the starters from cheeselinks (???) that people were talking about (shouldn't have gone to that site as now want the super duper cheese making kit, lol!) but have decided at the moment the time factor means easiyo is the way for me at the moment.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 05:35:23 am »
Thanks Cathy and Creampuff have not tried to make yoghurt before can it be made successfully in the TM?
Yvette, you can see that different people have had different results.  But I've been using Valerie's yoghurt every week or so for over twelve months, and am thrilled with the results.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:36:15 am »
Might have to look into Easiyo

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 07:27:41 am »
I like the easiyo too!  Mango is my favourite...and the Greek is a really nice one too.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 07:54:35 am »
I use this one

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1920.0

I've only done it once and had really great results.  My microwave has an oven setting so I put it in there and on 40 degrees for an hour, and hour on timer and then another hour at 40 degrees.  Wonderful thick, tasty yoghurt

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline ahoney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 10:59:39 pm »
I use the one from the indian cookbook, it always works for me and I like it as you don't need powdered milk, just fresh milk and 2 tablespoons of yogurt as the starter, I previously used Esiyo but as I have de-plastic'ed my kitchen really didn't feel comfortable making yogurt in plastic especially when using heat with it (more chemicals leach from plastic when heated) , also there flavoured ones have 'natural flavour' in them, and as there is no set ingredients for natural flavour I never know what will be in it and having a bad pineapple allergy among other things, think it's a bit risky.  The one in the Indian cookbook works out much cheaper than easiyo too!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 12:33:20 am »
Thanks girls I will have to check out the indian cookbook recipe

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 06:29:22 am »
Me too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 11:26:30 am »
Hi gals,

I have an easi yo, and love using it but mostly use natural as I find other than vanilla many of the other flavours are as popular with the kids (or as 'natural' tasting as I know I can do with truly fresh fruit etc.

I have just bought a cheese making kit for hubby for Xmas, and added a sachet of the starter yoghurt culture to my order. Will work out cheap for great quality 'good (read all the right bacteria etc) yoghurt' and wondering how I can do it in my thermy. I don't have the Indian cook book. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks a mil
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 11:38:36 am »
There are many posts on yoghurt making but the best I think is here  Lilli33.Andie is great at explaining things.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.